HR Advisor .
Here at Water Plus we’re proud to be the largest water retailer in the UK. Our customers and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We love to provide amazing customer service; exceeding expectations and delivering on our promises.
Position: HR Advisor
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire (Commutable from Stafford, Uttoxeter, Nantwich, Leek & surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £28,000 to £32,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays, Attractive defined pension contributions, Online / high street discounts with popular retailers, Discounts with local businesses such as local cafes, Life assurance cover, Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption Pay, Access to Level 2 qualifications such as Maths & English, Funding for external training courses (subject to approval), Monthly rewards and Awards ceremonies, Social and team-building events, 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, Free parking (subject to availability).
About the role:
As a HR Advisor / entry-level HR Business Partner, you will be passionate about and delight our customers by providing an effective and straightforward HR advisory service. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior HR Assistant or HR Advisor looking to take the next step in their career. You’ll be working with a team who are on a journey to create an amazing People Experience.
You’ll promote good employee relations through the fair application of our policies and processes, confidently interpreting UK Employment Law in complex ER cases such as Investigation, Disciplinary, Grievance and TUPE transfers.
- Assist in the development and review of HR policies and procedures in line with updates to legislation and best practice.
- Create and analyse People Data to identify opportunities to improve our People Policies, Processes and the service we provide as a HR team.
- Develop KPI’s using Excel and the HR information system.
- Take responsibility for delivery of the full recruitment life cycle, from approval / advertising through to welcoming new employees.
- Work alongside People Leaders to ensure fair application of the Attendance Improvement process.
- Maintain accurate HR records, taking proper account of our GDPR obligations.
- Review and issue formal documents such as Contracts of Employment.
- Provide administrative support to other members of the HR team for projects, as required.
- Any other ad hoc duties as specified by the HR Manager.
- A level 5 CIPD qualification in HR Management would be beneficial but is not essential if you are able to evidence your ongoing professional development including how you keep up to date with changes to legislation, best practice and emerging trends.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a HR Advisor role.
- Have experience of training, coaching and mentoring People Leaders in HR policies and processes.
- Be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of current UK Employment Law.
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office i.e. Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Have experience of creating KPIs for different stages of the Employment Life Cycle.
- Be able to communicate legislation and People Policies in a clear and jargon-free way.
- Have participated in HR projects, whether as a Project Leader or Project Team Member.
- Experience of drafting / review of job descriptions
- Personal and straightforward in your communication.
- Can provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Have excellent time management & prioritisation skills.
- Are accountable for your own work and personal development.
- Satisfactory completion of a basic DBS check.
You may have experience of the following: HR Advisor, Human Resources Advisor, HR Officer, Human Resources Officer, HR Assistant, Human Resources Assistant, HR Executive, Human Resources Executive, HR Consultant, Human Resources Consultant, HR Generalist, HR Business Partner, CIPD, Employee Relations, etc.