Internal Sales Executive .
Since 1978 Routeco has successfully established itself as one of the UK`s leading distributors of industrial automation and control products. Over an impressive period of sustained and continuous growth, Routeco have secured a nationwide network of sales locations employing over 250 personnel. The company has expanded by focusing on providing customers with the very best choice of products from leading manufacturers from around the world packaged together with a range of value-added services.
Position: Internal Sales Executive
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £17,000 to £19,000 depending on skills and experience
Benefits: 25 days holiday a year; you will also have the option of a healthcare cash plan and group life assurance as well as auto-enrolment in our pension scheme; you will be based in Southampton, a vibrant town within an easy commute to the coast and countryside. You will have the opportunity to start a career within the Sonepar Group.
About the role:
The role of Internal Sales Executive includes the potential to grow with us and build your own career. Working in the Sales department at Routeco means working closely with our customers on the phone, via email and face to face, and maximising sales opportunities. So, we are looking for someone with initiative, determination and self-motivation who enjoys dealing with people and understands the nature of working within a team. Is that you?
- Promote, sell and advise customers on compatible products and services and demonstrate sufficient commercial awareness and powers of persuasion to negotiate prices which enable you to help the branch meet its KPI
- Liaise confidently with existing and new customers, over the phone and email
- Provide support and servicing skills for our customers so good communications skills will be needed to deal with all aspects of orders and enquiries
- Handle non-franchise purchasing and check the customer is advised on availability of products, pricing and discounts
- Ensure accuracy of orders and push forward with outstanding orders, something that requires persistence and attention to detail
- Create and maintain relationships so you need to enjoy dealing with people and be confident that you can make a good impression
- Take charge of your personal development and contribute to the evaluation of performance in line with Routeco’s core competencies and learning and development framework
- Observe Health & Safety policy and procedures
- Solid education with GSCEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and data entry systems
- Experience in a similar sales / customer service environment will be a major benefit
You may have experience of the following: Sales Administrator, Sales Support, Sales Executive, Customer Relationship, Internal Account Manager, Customer Support, B2B Customer Service, Internal Account Executive, Internal Sales Administrator, Internal Sales Executive, etc