Team Leader .
Want the chance to use and grow your skills and knowledge while making a difference to society?
Want to be part of a leading organisation which positively impacts on the lives of disabled people across the world?
If so… Leonard Cheshire offers you the chance to become part of a great team!
Position: Team Leader
Location: The Regent – Penrith (Commutable from Carlisle, Greystoke, Edenhall and Hackthorpe)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week - hours will include weekends and nights.
Salary: £10.02 per hour / £19,592 per annum
Closing Date: 17 March 2019
Leonard Cheshire is the leader in enriching the lives of disabled people. We are the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK, with around 7,000 employees, and we support more than 20,000 disabled people across our global operations. We honour our past, drawing on our legacy to inspire us for the future. We are in the exciting process of transforming into a modern, relevant and sustainable organisation.
We offer an environment where you can work with great leaders and be part of a team who are passionate making a positive impact on the lives of disabled people. You will have opportunities to learn and grow in your role, building your skills and knowledge in partnership with others.
About the role:
You will supervise and deploy staff, ensuring the provision of care, personal support, daily living tasks and activities for customers to support them to attain their full potential and maximise the options available, encouraging choice, participation and motivation. You will receive ongoing training and development to build your skills, experience and career.
- A level of professional development and registration as indicated by purchaser, regulator or Leonard Cheshire (this may include a VQ level 3 in Health and Social Care Adults / Children or Young people, or Learning Disability or L4 VQ in team leading or management or other similar qualification), dependant on location.
- Prior experience of working in a relevant care setting.
- Prior experience of supervising a team of staff.
- If working at a Support-at-Home service, to be able to travel to cover work allocated on the rota.
- A full, clean driving licence (if required to drive).
- To be able to work flexibly within rostered hours and be prepared to participate in an on-call rota as required.
- Knowledge of people who use our services self-advocacy and empowerment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- To demonstrate a commitment to Leonard Cheshire’s ethos and values.
Benefits: Fair and competitive pay rates. Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit. Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice). Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates. Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice). Access to child-care vouchers (salary sacrifice). Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
A satisfactory disclosures check (PVG membership in Scotland) is required for this post.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
You may have experience of the following: Care Team Leader, Team leader, Support Worker, Senior Support Worker, Care Manager, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Support Coordinator, Support Manager, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Not for Profit, NFP, etc.