Machine Tool Fitter .
Holroyd Precision Ltd is an award-winning, successful machine tool manufacturer, producing high value, precision engineered grinding and rotor milling machines from our factory in Milnrow.
Position: Machine Tool Fitter
Location: Milnrow, Rochdale, Greater Manchester
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
We offer an excellent benefits package: up to 6% matched pension contributions, health plan, 4x life assurance, 33 days holidays increasing with service, company sick pay scheme and favourable work pattern - finishing at 11:45 on Fridays, and a competitive salary.
About the role:
Due to increasing sales and product diversification we are recruiting 3, time-served machine tool fitters with precision engineering experience.
We are looking for hardworking, skilled machine tool fitters with experience in the following areas:
- Building sub-assemblies from component level following drawings and schematics
- Working to tight tolerances (less than 10 microns)
- Experience in the use of measuring tools
- Ability to hand scrape, deburr and mottle
- Experience of working on complex machine builds / assembly or maintenance of machine tools
- Experience with hydraulics or pneumatics would be advantageous as would working with bearing assemblies, gears and alignment of machines
We are looking for someone who is apprentice trained (mechanical), preferably with a HNC qualification, and has extensive experience of working to very tight tolerances.
Once fully trained in the build of our machines, you will have an opportunity to travel internationally as a member of our installation team, so flexibility and a willingness to travel is essential.
We see staff development as a key factor to the company’s success and actively encourage our employees to grow their skill-set with year on year skills progress assessments.
You may have experience of the following: Machine Tool Fitter, Mechanical Machine Tool Fitter, Machine Tools Assembler, Mechanical Tool Assembler, Hydraulics Engineer, Hydraulics Engineering, Mechanical Fitter, Tool Fitter, Machine Fitter, Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, etc.