Housing Assistant .
Would you like a meaningful job that makes a difference, with flexibility and real potential for growth?
The Salvation Army Housing Association (SAHA) is an organisation that provides a range of housing and varied support services to vulnerable people. Our aim is to support people in achieving their full potential. We are currently going through a large period of growth and have a vacancy for a Housing Assistant.
Position: Housing Assistant
Location: Doncaster Foyer, Doncaster, South Yorkshire (Commutable from Rotherham, Tickhill, Bawtry, Stainforth, Adwick-le-Street and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week on rolling rota, including weekends and public holidays
Salary: £15,615 to £21,660 per annum
Benefits: 26 days’ annual holiday rising a day a year for the first 5 years + bank holidays, Life Assurance, Pension scheme and an Employee Health Assistance Programme. Professional development opportunities and flexible working arrangements.
Closing date: 1st February 2019
Interview dates: TBC
About the role:
To provide housing management services to tenants at Doncaster Foyer. To provide good customer service and ensure the units are maintained and the scheme is kept in good order. To maintain effective liaison with the local management team regarding allocations, effective arrears control and void turnaround.
- You will have an understanding of the challenges facing vulnerable people and the difficulties that these can present in a supported housing environment.
- Housing management experience in a general needs or supported setting.
- Excellent understanding of welfare benefits, sanctions, universal credit, arrears management, anti-social behaviour, allocations and voids management.
- Experience of conducting needs assessments of clients in need of housing.
- Good understanding of health and safety and risk assessments within a residential setting.
- Experience of working unsociable hours.
A Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Certificate will be required for this role. As an equal opportunities employer, our client welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
The Salvation Army Housing Association (SAHA) is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
You may have experience of the following: Housing Assistant, Housing Officer, Housing Administrator, Housing Management, Housing, Sheltered Housing, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit, etc.