Stock Coordinator .
Heron Foods are a successful independent food retailer now with approx. 260 stores located throughout the Midlands, S. Wales and the North of England.
Position: Stock Coordinator
Location: Melton - E Yorkshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
About the role:
We are currently recruiting for a Stock Coordinator who will support the Buyers to ensure stock levels are maintained in all stores by effectively liaising with suppliers and transport regarding stock orders, delivery and collection.
- Produce and send daily bulletins to stores on new products
- Place orders with suppliers
- Take bookings and schedule delivery times with suppliers
- Liaise with the transport department to arrange collections from suppliers and liaise with suppliers regarding collection times Input and process stock delivery notes on the system
- Liaise with suppliers on stock shortages and arrange redelivery / collection
- Produce shelf edge tickets for stores and organise in the designated areas
- Cook and consume food samples from suppliers to help decision making on new product orders
- Good IT literacy (good working knowledge of Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Previous experience working within an administrative or stock control role
- Good organisation skills, able to prioritise and work effectively to deadlines within a sometimes-pressurised environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of seniority, liaise effectively with other internal departments and external contacts
- Good interpersonal skills, able to empathise, maintain professionalism, display patience and politeness within a sometimes-pressurised environment
- A flexible and ‘can do’ working style
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, on own initiative and with minimal supervision
You may have experience of the following: Stock Coordinator, Stock Controller, Inventory Controller, Inventory Controller, Warehouse Assistant, Stores Coordinator, Stores Controller, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Office Assistant, Office Administrator, Administrative Assistant, etc.