Shop Manager (Charity Shop) .
Founded in 1991, Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW) provides care for children who have life-limiting conditions, which means they are likely to die in childhood.
Our belief is that the best way we can do this is to wrap our care around families who have received this unspeakable diagnosis.
We journey with all family members from the point of diagnosis until the death of their child and into bereavement for as long as the family need us.
Position: Shop Manager
Location: Thornbury (Commutable from Bristol, Bath, Berkeley and Kingswood)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week; 8.45am to 5.15pm Monday to Saturday (including Bank Holidays)
Salary: £17,434 to £19,923 per annum
Closing date: Thursday 24 January 2019
Telephone interviews: Tuesday 29 January 2019
Face to Face interviews: Tuesday 5 February 2019
About the role:
Responsible for the day to day operation and performance of the shop while ensuring that targets are met through excellent customer service, effective planning and delivering good standards of practice through creative merchandising and excellent visual displays. Management of stock control, housekeeping and volunteer cover.
- To attract, recruit, train and develop a team of volunteers to ensure their understanding of the role and retail guidelines
- To ensure that all volunteers are properly inducted and are aware of the shop fire risk and Health and Safety procedures.
- To communicate effectively with volunteers and all other members of staff by effective planning, prioritising, delegating and monitoring workload.
- To achieve and exceed agreed targets by delivering effective pricing, stock rotation, weekly promotions and sales initiatives.
- To demonstrate a good understanding of all donated stock lines, ensuring adequate stock levels at all times. - To ensure the upkeep and maintenance of the building and ensure all fixtures and fittings are kept in good repair.
- To maintain awareness of local competitor activity and initiatives.
- To ensure correct procedures are adhered to for banking, cash handling and administration within Children’s Hospice South West guidelines.
- To produce regular weekly sales reports for Children's Hospice South West financial and data records.
- To report to the Area Retail Manager any financial irregularities immediately they come to light ensuring sales are recorded properly and cash is kept secure at all times.
- To comply with CHSW’s Equal Opportunities and Diversity Statement as set out in the CHSW Employee Handbook.
- To maintain confidentiality of information about clients, children, families, staff, and other CHSW business and at all times, meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act (1998), as well as comply with all CHSW Information Governance and Data Protection policies.
- To work within infection control guidelines to ensure that work methods do not constitute a risk of infection to other work colleagues, children, families, or to any persons working / visiting in CHSW premises.
- Educated to GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
- Previous retail experience at a managerial / supervisory level.
- Experience of managing cash handling & banking.
- Knowledge and experience of effective Merchandising.
- Experience of working towards and delivering targets and objectives.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to implement effective window displays.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel and the confidence to learn new IT systems
- Customer care / Retail training / qualification.
- Experience of and knowledge of the Charity Retail sector.
- Experienced in working with Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS) system.
- Experience of managing / supporting a team of volunteers.
- Current UK driving licence.
Children's Hospice South West (CHSW) is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. CHSW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share their commitment. All offers of employment are subject to a number of checks.
If you are the kind of person who enjoys being on the shop floor, has an interest in fashion and driving sales through great customer service, whilst knowing that your work helps to raise a smile every day – this may be the job for you!
You may have experience of the following: Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Retail Manager, Retail, Shop Manager, Assistant Shop Manager, Assistant Retail Manager, , Retail Management, Merchandising, Retail Supervisor, Shop Supervisor, Store Supervisor, Customer Service, Charity Shop, Branch Manager, Charity, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit etc.