HR Business Partner .
Established in 1864, Matthew Algie have been producing sustainable premium quality coffee and tea for over 150 years. We kick started the UK Espresso revolution introducing the UK’s first Fairtrade Espresso bean and Triple Cert bean.
Our key values of Ethics, Passion, Integrity and Collaboration are at the core of everything we do, from new product innovation for our customers to projects with our Fairtrade co-op farmers.
We believe our continued success is due to the great people we employee and those with whom we do business.
Position: HR Business Partner
Location: Glasgow occasional travel to rest of UK, Ireland and Europe
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum, plus pension, Pension Scheme and Profit related bonus
Benefits: include an enhanced contributory pension scheme, annual holiday starting at 25 days entitlement plus public holidays.
About the role:
You will work as a strategic business partner, understanding our business, knowing the specific needs of our country and anticipating trends in the market. You will lead and develop the HR function to deliver solutions that drive Matthew Algie’s performance and growth now and in the future. Responsible with the entire Management Team of ensuring our organisation’s effectiveness via jointly developing our structures, processes, people & culture.
- Provide HR Business Partner support and advice to all employees, and to work alongside the fellow HR Business Partners Internationally
- Responsible for budget planning for all direct HR costs while supporting managers in people cost planning
- Principally based in Glasgow with some travel elsewhere in the UK, Ireland and Europe
- Work and manage partnership with Managers in the UK, Ireland and on an International basis
- Identify improvement needs outside of functional specialism and consider issues, make proposals and develop appropriate solutions outside of HR remit
- Escalate and communicate important issues and key areas to HR Manager and senior management and jointly plan action required
- Support management team in respect of performance Management, Staff Induction, Reward and Recognition, Staff Retention, Management Development / Career Development, Succession Planning, Competency Building, HR Quality & Efficiency, Talent Acquisition
- Responsible for all aspects of people processes with support from the senior management team
- Proven track record in the effective leadership of employees
- Possess the authority, credibility and integrity to command respect at all levels including external contacts
- Experience in change management
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- Previous experience of working in a stand-alone role / or heading up, leading HR team
- Experience in manufacturing / service environment
- Investors in People standard retention or implementation
- Ideally, experience of working with SEDEX and M&S HWDB frameworks
- Educated to degree level, ideally with MCIPD
- Strong presentation skills and skilled communicator – both written and verbal
- Strong organisational skills and Strategic planning
- Able to grasp, manipulate, analyse and understand numerical information
- Ability to influence at all management levels
- Excellent coaching and facilitating skills to empower managers to deal effectively with management at all levels
- Flexible thought processes – ability to generate innovate, commercially sound solutions
- Able to utilise standard Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint in the development of professional materials for internal and external purposes. Competent using Excel and other tools for the purposes of numerical data interpretation with basic statistics
- Project management and programme development
- Ability to direct and work as part of a team under pressure
You may have experience of the following: HR Business Partner, Human Resources Business Partner, HRBP, HR Manager, Human Resources Manager, HR Consultant, Human Resources Consultant, Human Resources, HR Generalist, Employee Relations, CIPD, etc.