Multi-Skilled Engineer / Mechanical Engineer .
Position: Multi-Skilled Engineer
Location: Llantarnam, Cwmbran, Wales (Commutable from Pontypool, Newport, Chepstow, Cardiff and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract 18 Months
Hours: 39 hours per week
Who we are?
Ask anyone here at Burton’s Biscuit Company what we’re most passionate about and you’ll get the same answer from everyone - the baking of quality biscuits for the whole family to enjoy. To us, a 'treat’ is nothing less than a deliciously tasty biscuit that will delight our customers every time and ensure they come back for more.
What we are all about here?
Our forward-thinking strategy historically led to some impressive results with Burton’s Biscuit Company transforming its portfolio shape and profitability since 2009. We hope to accelerate our portfolio transformation and growth further by expanding into adjacent categories, new geographic territories and through synergistic bolt-on mergers and acquisitions.
Why work as part of our sales team?
We are looking for an ambitious Multi Skilled Technician with a Mechanical Bias who is seeking a challenging and rewarding role at the heart of our business at our Llantarnam Manufacturing Site for a Fixed Term of 18 months.
You will provide a timely and effective engineering service to our customers in production whilst ensuring safety, quality and hygiene standards are met. The position is on a Continental Shift Pattern, covering 39 hours per week.
What does your typical day look like?
- Carry out planned maintenance activities as scheduled by the maintenance plan contained within the CMMS
- Attend and repair breakdowns as required, and report all actions carried out and any further actions required, via the CMMS
- Report in a comprehensive manner via the CMMS, all work activities carried out on a daily / shift basis
- Be proactive in preventing equipment failures and improving overall equipment performance by generating and implementing ideas and modifications
- Provide a service that meets agreed service levels, including minimising downtime and communicating effectively with relevant personnel
- Provide a service that meets food safety standards, whilst maintaining standards of housekeeping and personal hygiene
- Maintain and help improve health and safety standards and ensure that staff work in a safe environment by eliminating, minimising and controlling risks to themselves and others
- Cooperate with contractors and as far as possible ensure their adherence to site rules, health and safety and food safety standards
- Train others so that they are able to carry out their expected work duties to the required standards
- Identify performance issues and implement appropriate and pragmatic solutions through the use of problem-solving skills, tools and techniques
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Educated to HNC standard (or equivalent) or higher in Mechanical Engineering is essential
- Time-served with mechanical bias to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent)
- Post apprenticeship, preferably in a high speed, high volume manufacturing environment (food environment preferable)
- A proven practitioner of preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, problem solving and continuous improvement skills
- Must have a proven ability in diagnostic fault finding under pressure of production
- Familiarity with the use of PC equipment is essential
- Familiar with TPM principles including 5S. Use of CMMS (computerised maintenance management systems) ideally SAP, but not essential
- An experience of fault finding on refrigeration plant would be an advantage
- Familiarity with ABB Robotic Technology would be an advantage
Final part of the mix.
We offer fantastic company benefits, an environment that you will enjoy to work in and genuine development and progression opportunities.
Does this sound like the role for you? Apply by clicking the link.
You may have experience of the following: Multi-Skilled Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance Technician, Engineer, Shift Engineer, Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer, Mechanical Apprentice, Preventative Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, Production Engineer, Food Manufacturing, Manufacturing, Mechanical, etc.