Health and Safety Manager .
The Air Ambulance Service provides two very important functions, Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) and The Children’s Air Ambulance which provides paediatric transfers across the UK. Our objective is to save lives, utilising specialist pilots, doctors, and paramedics and with our work centred on saving lives, improving clinical outcomes and being able to react quickly and efficiently to emergencies.
We are at the forefront of innovative clinical care and we challenge boundaries. None of this can be achieved without a hugely dedicated team of colleagues, volunteers and the general public.
Position: Health and Safety Manager
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Closing Date: 25th January 2019
About the role:
The role of Health and Safety Manager will be working closely with the Head of Property and Facilities delivering the short and mid-term strategic plans and priorities for the function.
The role is tactical and strategic in its intent and has direct accountability for delivering the Health and Safety strategy across the organisation. This includes developing Health and Safety policies and ensuring adherence and standards are met. You will also be responsible for behavioural and cultural change within the Charity to ensure that Health and Safety is at the forefront of people minds in their day to day activities.
You will be the face and the driver behind Health and Safety Culture so with that in mind you will be mobile and able to form relationships with all areas of the Charity. As the subject matter expert you will also ensure and monitor all legislation and policy compliance. As and when required you will provide Health and Safety training to all functions.
- Develop the Organisation’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Manage in the maintenance of a safe and healthy workplace environment.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety and welfare at work legislation and standards and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Ensure the Organisation meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work.
- Identify training needs and deliver or organise training where necessary. Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Ensure that all accidents and incidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure the statutory reporting of accident to the appropriate authority.
- Carry out and review risk assessments for all work equipment and activities including CoSHH, Fire risk assessments, manual handling and lone worker assessments.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly tested where installed.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Provide regular reports to the Human Resources Manager / Senior Management Team on health and safety performance.
- Liaise with external health & safety authorities as appropriate.
The role holder will possess a NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health and be able to operate across multiple sites including Retail, Warehouse and office environment. You will be able to forge new relationships quickly and be able to influence and advise all levels of stakeholders.
The role holder will be based at Blue Skies House, Rugby, Warwickshire with significant travel across the HEMS regions and nationally as we expand.
We are on a journey to be the organisation of choice and opportunity for the most talented and driven people from diverse backgrounds.
You may have experience of the following: HSE Manager, Health, Safety & Fire Manager, QHSE Manager, Quality Health Safety Environment, NEBOSH, IOSH, Health, Safety & Environmental, Facilities Manager, Building Services Manager, Occupational Health and Safety, etc.