Office Administrator .
South Oxfordshire District Council and Vale of White Horse District Council are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices and smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
Position: Growth Deal and Growth Board Administrative Officer
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Job type: Full Time, Fixed term Contract until 30 June 2020
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £21,154 to £24,705 per annum
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours; pension scheme; childcare voucher scheme; Cyclescheme; car lease scheme; ample free parking; reduced gym membership, free swims, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more.
About the role:
We are looking an Administrative Officer to provide business and administrative support for the Strategic Partnership team focussing on the work undertaken as part of the Oxfordshire Housing and Growth Deal and the Growth Board.
- Order goods and services, raise requisitions, sales orders and set up customer details if needed on the Council’s financial management system
- Ensure that all invoices are coded for payment from details supplied by cost centre manager as quickly as possible ensuring council targets are met. Collate ‘invoices over 30 day’ report. Deal with any invoice queries from managers or supplier
- Assist with organising and attend internal and external events.
- Liaise with colleagues from partner organisations and with councillors, as directed, in regard to the work of the Oxfordshire Growth Deal partnership and the Growth Board
- Maintain diaries and arrange internal and external meetings, including booking rooms, organising and purchasing refreshments etc
- Produce agendas and minutes / action logs of internal and partnership meetings as required
- Be responsible for ordering stationery, consumables and other items as required; to issue stock; and to keep all the various forms, requisitions and leaflets stocked and up to date. Maintain accurate financial records of stationery and equipment purchases
- Respond to routine partnership enquiries by telephone, letter, e-mail and in person, passing on the more complex enquiries to the appropriate officer
- 5 GCSE’s grades A-C or equivalent to include English and Maths
- RSA level II, NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in MS Word and Excel
- Two years experience in administration in a busy office environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and E-mail
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills and competent with figure work
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to using different databases and systems
- Full driving licence and use of a vehicle insured for business use
You may have experience of the following: Administrative Officer, Administrator, Team Administrator, Public Sector, Office Administrator, Administrative Assistant, Data Entry, Customer Service, etc.