Senior Claims Handler .
PIB is a growing group of insurance advisory businesses. The business is growing rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market.
Position: Senior Claims Handler
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
The Senior Claims Handler will negotiate the settlement of claims in an efficient, fair & economical manner and provide assistance and support to the Team Leader & constantly strive to improve service and quality standards.
- Ensuring that manual & computer records are accurate and reflecting any changes made in a clear and precise manner including all changes made to estimating or reserves
- Ensure that all changes to case estimates are timely and accurate at all stages of the claim
- Ensures that claims are handled within Company Policies to achieve validation, investigation and negotiation in accordance with levels of expertise/authority/responsibility of team staff
- Negotiates settlement of claims in an efficient and economical manner, up to the prescribed limit in accordance with the policy wording and Claims Protocols. Establishing clearly the circumstances of any loss and making appropriate liability enquiries
- Ensures accurate reserves are maintained throughout the life of the claim making adjustments where appropriate and that files are diarised accordingly. Carrying out any reviews as required
- Providing support to the Team Leader and where appropriate assisting in the production and submission of MI where appropriate
You may have experience of the following: Senior Claims Handler, Claims Handler, Senior Claims Administrator, Claims Administrator, Senior Customer Service Advisor, Insurance, etc.