Legal Accounts Assistant .
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Legal Accounts Assistant to join our Accounts team based at our York Office. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly team and to gain exposure to a number of key areas of the legal cashiering function within a growing firm.
We have experienced significant growth over the past two years and, as a result, the Accounts department has a vital role to play in supporting our Legal Advisors and dealing with the financial transactions of the firm. You will be expected to uphold our high standards and service levels at all times, while working to tight deadlines.
Position: Legal Accounts Assistant
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
- Assisting with the daily operations of the Accounts department
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Checking bills and completion statements
- Preparation of client and office banking
- Liaising with both internal colleagues and external contacts to resolve queries
- Assisting with month end and year end duties
- A good level of education including both English and Maths at GCSE level or equivalent
- AAT qualification or working towards would be desirable
- Experience working within a Legal Accounts Team
- Knowledge of the Solicitors Account Rules and money laundering legislation would be a strong advantage
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), with a dedication to client care
- Excellent IT skills including Excel and Word
Crombie Wilkinson is one of North Yorkshire’s largest and most long-established firms. First established in the 1800s and in its current form in 1991, the firm now comprises of over 100 staff including 14 Directors and 47 Legal Advisors. With offices in York, Selby, Malton and Pickering, we are uniquely placed to serve the region with a comprehensive and high-quality legal service. We place much importance on our local knowledge, as well as ensuring service qualities are being met.
We are an ambitious firm, with high standards of client care. We are also passionate about developing our people and we are both Lexcel and Investors in People accredited.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes 25 days holiday a year, a company pension, a health cash plan plus more. We provide a fully supportive background to your Continuous Professional Development within a friendly team environment. The firm is in a superb location in the heart of beautiful York and offers a great work / life balance.
You may have experience of the following: Legal Accounts Assistant, Legal Cashier, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Legal Finance Assistant, Finance Assistant, Finance Administrator, etc.