Transport / Shop Order Processing Coordinator (Nights) .
What we do is shaped by our customers. Since 1979, we’ve made it our business to help our customers buy big name bargains for less. We’re a rapidly growing East Yorkshire-based business and a real, local success story that’s continuing to grow throughout the north and midlands. Heron Foods is an upwardly mobile company, and we’re proud to serve hundreds of thousands of our customers daily.
Position: Transport / SOP Coordinator
Location: Melton - E Yorkshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, 10pm-6am, 5 shifts a week over 7 days with every other weekend off.
About the role:
This role is responsible for SOP and transport throughout the night shift. Working within a team to ensure that store orders are sent to meet specific delivery targets.
- Covering all SOP duties on the night shift including HMS duties, dispatching orders, prioritising the order well
- Issuing tickets that are ready to the loading team
- Inputting loading tickets, creating dispatch notes both for B&M shops and drivers delivery notes
- Allocating relevant trucks / trailers to correct deliveries taking into account any restrictions including size of trailer / make of cab etc.
- Being able to re-plan bust runs / make up additional runs but be fully aware of any delivery issues prior to making up these runs or moving shops around to have minimum impact on the delivery routes
- Inform shops via email of any potential issues on that day's delivery so they are able to shuffle and re-plan staffing levels around expected delivery schedules
- React to kit issues including punctures, lights not working / need changing, tail-lifts not working etc.
- Be able to react to issues on the road, offer advice, arrange call-outs to any breakdowns with the knowledge to contact the correct garage, use the correct phone numbers and have the correct required information to hand that the call-outs require in order to give accurate response ETA's
- Be able to brief AM departure drivers with any information that they require on that day and have the knowledge to answer questions or deal with any issues that drivers raise, or be able to inform the correct persons / departments if they are not sure
- Be confident enough to juggle drivers around off allocated runs to cover any sickness absence so that runs still go out as close to expected departure times
- Be able to assist with the loading operation if required to
- Be able to support with the picking operation if fully manned up in the office at busy periods if the pick is behind
- Good IT literacy (good working knowledge of Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Previous experience working within an administrative or data entry role
- Previous experience of working within a transport or logistics role (desirable)
- Good organisation skills, able to prioritise and work effectively to deadlines within a sometimes pressurised environment
- Good oral communication skills. Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of seniority, liaise effectively with other internal departments and external contacts
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Working across 2 sites, a full car Driving Licence is an essential requirement for this role
You may have experience of the following: Transport Coordinator, SOP Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator, Logistics Administrator, Transport Administrator, Logistics Manager, Transport Manager, etc.