HR Business Partner (Employee Engagement) .
With its unique business model of selling premium quality coffee along with weekly changing non-food ranges through its own distributions channels, Tchibo Group and its 12,500 employees worldwide generated revenues of 3.4 billion EUR in 2015.
Founded in 1972, Tchibo Coffee Service today is one of the leading food and coffee service companies in Europe with branches in Germany, Austria, Great Britain, Czech Republic and Poland. Tchibo Coffee Service provides tailored out-of-home solutions for a wide range of customers from hotel chains to independent cafés or educational facilities.
With its family of brands (Tchibo, Davidoff Café, Piacetto Espresso, VISTA and Smokin' Bean) the company has built its first-rate reputation based on superior quality products, truly unbeatable service and fair prices. The unique and diverse brand and product portfolio is supported by a cutting-edge equipment and the latest training resources.
Position: Employee Engagement Business Partner
Location: Head Office, Epsom, Surrey
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Thursday from 8am to 5pm and Fridays 8am to 16:30pm
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 depending on experience
Benefits: include an inhanced contributory pension scheme, free Parking space and annual holiday starting at 24 days entitlement which grows with your length of service plus public holidays.
About the role:
The Employee Engagement Business Partner will work as a strategic business partner, understanding our business, knowing the specific needs of our country and anticipating trends in the market. You will develop HR employee engagement solutions that drive Tchibo’s performance and growth now and in the future.
You would be responsible for ensuring that colleagues in the business are both informed and engaged to be highly effective in their roles and be great ambassadors of the Tchibo brand.
Strategic: Develop and implement Human Resource strategies for:
- Pay equality
- Identifying, developing, engaging, deploying and retaining talented employees
- The annual corporate training plan
- Strong performance management culture that reinforces the organisation’s required behaviours
- Succession planning
- Pay and reward
- Organisational development and change
- Employee communication
- Develop and where appropriate, draft new HR policies and procedures that support the business also ensuring that the organisation complies with statutory requirements
Organisational: Deliver proactive and customer focussed service with emphasis on:
- Policies and Procedures: maintain best proactive HR policies and procedures that comply fully with statutory requirements. Proactively ensure that policies and procedures are in operation across the organisation Communicate policies and procedures through the Company Handbook
- Learn and understand TCI business
- Understand business goals and their potential impact on current structures
- Develop solutions to resolve business issues resulting in contribution to revenue growth, productivity gains and cost reduction
- Position HR as a strategic business partner, change agent, HR expert and trusted adviser in understanding key issues and people implications
- Proactively seek out market / competitor and business area information to inform business decisions and enhance credibility
- MCIPD membership.
- Degree level educated.
- IT competent in all Microsoft Office packages (including PowerPoint, Word and Excel) to intermediate level.
- Employee Engagement Experience of a minimum of 2 years.
- Strong presentational skills.
- Skilled communicator – both written and verbal.
- Strategic planning.
- Able to grasp, manipulate, analyse and understand numerical information.
- Enjoy working with and managing people.
- Ability to influence at all management levels.
- Excellent coaching and facilitating skills to empower managers to deal effectively with management at all levels.
- Flexible thought processes – ability to generate innovate, commercially sound solutions.
- Ability to anticipate the likely people implications resulting from business plans and recommend sound HR solutions.
- Project management skills.
- Possess the authority, credibility and integrity to command respect at all levels including external contacts.
- Experience in change management.
- Proven ability to work autonomously.
- Experience in FMCG / Retail environment- Desirable.
You may have experience of the following: Employee Engagement Business Partner, Employee Engagement Manager, Head of Employee Engagement, HRBP, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, etc.