Health & Safety Advisor .
Position: SHE Advisor
Location: Blackpool, Lancashire (Commutable from Preston, Southport, Lancaster, Fleetwood, Lytham and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Who we are?
At Burton’s Biscuits Company we are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits! Our Vision is to have a shared Pride and Passion for baking sensational biscuits & snacks that delight our consumers, shoppers and our customers. We’re the only major biscuit manufacturer in the UK to focus solely on biscuits making us one of the key players in the market. We employ c. 1,800 people around the UK, in our three main manufacturing facilities in Llantarnam, Edinburgh and Blackpool. Our head office is based in St. Albans and a subsidiary office is located in Blackpool.
What we are all about here?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit Company we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
Why work as part of our team?
We are looking for a SHE Advisor to co-ordinate, support and advise the Business on all aspects of Safety, Health and the Environment. You will establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Safety, Health and the Environment within Burtons Biscuits are adhered to across our Blackpool Manufacturing Facility.
What does your typical day look like?
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting
- Ensure the business is ready for B-safe and B-Green audits each year
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and procedures are managed, and employees are aware of their responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures
- Ensure full and accurate health, safety and quality training records are maintained
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks
- Liaise with suppliers i.e. Insurers, solicitors etc
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- NEBOSH (General Certificate) accreditation. NEBOSH Environmental Certificate or working towards NEBOSH certificate accreditation.
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
- Technician of institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
- FLT trainer desirable
- Recent and relevant experience in a similar role
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong IT skills
- Gathering - analysing and reporting on key H&S data / statistics
Final part of the mix.
In return, we offer fantastic company benefits, an environment you enjoy to work in and genuine development/progression opportunities.
You may have experience of the following: SHE Advisor, Health and Safety Advisor, H&S Officer, H&S Advisor, Health and Safety Advisor, NEBOSH, IOSH, Risk Assessment, Health & Safety Consultant, SHEQ Advisor, Food Manufacturing, etc.