Support Worker (Residential Children Home) .
Our client is a small residential Children’s home for children up to the age of 18. They provide care for children with learning disabilities and associated challenging behaviours.
Position: Support Worker Residential Children Home
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time and Part Time available
Hours: 07:00 to 15:00 and 14:45 to 23:00 (Sleepovers 23:00 to 07:00) including weekends and bank holidays
Salary: Depends on Experience and Qualifications
Benefits: Contributory Pension Scheme, Training, Meals and Drinks while on shift and Parking
About the role:
- Actively safeguard and promote the welfare of the children/young people
- Promote structure, boundaries and routines within the home.
- Provide a positive role model for the young people
- Work with young people on intervention strategies to promote pro-social behaviour
- Undertake the role of a key worker for children/young people
- Deliver direct and individual work to children/young people
- Support young people in project and group work
- Provide and participate in leisure activities in line with care and placement plans
- Passionate about working with young people
- Ability to remain calm and manage difficult and at times repetitive behaviour
- Able to use a computer to complete reports etc.
- Good team player
- Care background
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Healthcare Assistant, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Care Staff, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Not for Profit, NFP, etc.