Checker (Airline Catering) .
Gate Gourmet is the world's largest independent provider of catering services for airlines and are the core business behind gategroup, whose eleven associated brands offer customers a comprehensive scope of products and services for virtually any on-board need. We provide more than 200 million meals a year to our 270-plus customers at some 120 airport locations around the globe.
Location: Heathrow North
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
About the role:
Successful applicants will work as a Grade 3 Checker within any department, process or unit of the Company and will work flexibly across the ‘Range of Job Tasks’ as outlined below.
- To obtain uplift sheet with daily allocation of work, update sheets for the following day.
- Keep accurate records of changes & transactions (use dispatch notes / uplift sheet to check off meal figures).
- Check & Amend aircraft configuration changes (i.e. shortages / increases).
- Ensure correct use of stowage labels on each bar / waste cart.
- Keep updated on work to be carried out during the course of the shift and note latest amendments.
- To check all equipment and is to satisfactory standard, i.e. in good working order (trolley doors, brakes), clean (old tickets removed), dry and bars for correct specification and quantities.
- Assemble and check allocated flights & ensure delivery to appropriate department / bay / class.
- Assemble and check relevant stock / equipment & ensure delivery to appropriate department / bay / class.
- Assemble and check sundry items (flowers, news papers, juice, water) are placed on relevant flights.
- Implement Dry Ice procedure as instructed.
- To work as directed in different environments for example, chillers and fridges.
- To check the meals in all classes by number, type and colour codes for correct dates.
- To check meals are to specification and comply with menu cards.
- To check date codes of all items.
- To check SPML specifications.
- To check number of wasted meals and utilises wherever possible.
- To make a written report of any reason for delay.
- To complete all security checking procedures in line with DFT requirements.
- To handle aircraft type changes / cancellations / return caterings.
- To request any extra items necessary for a flight. Observes Health and Safety at Work Act and hygiene requirements. To ensure DTLR paper work is correct and up to date.
- To ensure efficient hand over to catering teams. Including complete & sign handover sheets.
- To take responsibility at all times for task undertaken and to carry out all tasks as directed by Line Manager and in accordance with any specific customer requirements.
- To ensure that any faulty / damaged equipment is reported to supervisor and transferred to appropriate areas.
- To adhere to all health and safety & Hygiene requirements, including using the correct kinetic lifting and carrying techniques.
- To adhere to all stock rotations as directed.
- To meet all targets and deadlines as requested.
- To ensure at all times that you have full understanding of customer requirements.
- GCSE passes in English and Maths (or equivalent).
- Good standard of English both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of Basic Hygiene.
- Ideally some experience in a production / manufacturing / stores environment.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
Candidates may be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and / or airport fingerprinting.
You may have experience of the following: Quality Checker, Food Production, Catering, Quality Assurance, Food Manufacturing, etc.