Hotel Manager (Nights) .
Part of a small high-profile hotel group; 105 bedrooms; 8 Conference and Event rooms with the biggest holding 200+; Fairways Restaurant & The Cellars Bar; Golf & Leisure Club; Spa.
Position: Night Manager
Location: Allesley, Coventry, CV5 9AL
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Benefits: free onsite parking, free membership to our state of the art gym and golf club, discounted food & beverage and discounted stays within the group.
About the role:
As our Night Manager you will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed.
- Carry out handover procedures at start and end of shift
- Deal with room allocations, guest arrivals. Check-in and departure procedures, Accept and process messages and enquires
- Ensure that all guest arrival and departure administrative functions are carried out correctly, especially the continual maintenance of guest rooming lists, for use during any evacuation emergency
- Ensure that the property has been locked down, that all doors and windows have been locked securely
- Ensure that security walks are conducted throughout the shift, with particular attention to security and health and safety related matters
- Check that all postings, bills, accounts, cash and credit transactions, floats, adjustments, allowances, balancing and hand-over procedures are implemented proficiently
- Ensure the continual safekeeping of all cash / securities and that regular daily takings are made in compliance with laid down methods and security arrangements.
- Carry out close-of-business administration, reports and balancing. Process hand-over procedures
- Process the night audit and ensure that correct procedures are followed, and reports are produced and distributed accordingly
- Assist with staff training; departmental inductions, job skills, safety, statutory requirements and development and to continuously monitor and check standards of work and correct when necessary
- Work in co-operation with other departments, especially reception and bar services
- Adhere to procedures for the security of property, keys - company, guest and personal. Deal with lost property and report immediately any suspicious circumstances or persons acting strangely
- Experience of working within a hotel operation, ideally in a 4-star environment
- Able to deliver excellent customer service at all times and train others to follow a similar example
- Smart and professional in appearance with a "can do" attitude and excellent communication skills
- Have previous proven experience in a 4-star hotel or a similar high-quality environment
You may have experience of the following: Night Manager, Hotel Manager, Accommodation Manager, Hospitality Supervisor, Reservations Manager, Deputy Hotel Manager, Hotel Team Leader, Accommodation Team Leader, Front of House, Travel, Tourism, Assistant Hotel Manager, Customer Service, Hospitality Manager, etc