Airside Customer Executive.
Gate Gourmet is the world's largest independent provider of catering services for airlines and are the core business behind gategroup, whose eleven associated brands offer customers a comprehensive scope of products and services for virtually any on-board need. We provide more than 200 million meals a year to our 270-plus customers at some 120 airport locations around the globe.
Position: Airside Customer Executive
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
About the role:
This role is to take responsibility for the daily Customer Service and Operational requirements for all airlines and ensure the flights are catered to spec. To also be responsible for the final catering handover, liaising with department supervisors in order to secure the correct quantities, the right quality and the required scheduled dock departures as well as supervising all airside personnel.
- Establish and ensure that customer requirements and expectations are met.
- Attend aircraft where required and sign off flights.
- Continually evaluate and recommend improvements to working practices in respect of specific outcomes.
- To ensure all communications are correct and that they reach the desired audience, punctually, with active follow up to ensure compliance.
- To take responsibility, whilst on duty, for the daily operational requirements of the customers.
- To complete routine performance checks ensuring that departmental and customer targets are met.
- Act on behalf of Gate Gourmet, as a representative, at external customer meetings / presentations / product evaluations.
- Undertake and report findings on special projects as designated.
- To investigate customer reports or in conjunction with relevant departments and respond accordingly.
- To complete Flight / DFT checks in the unit.
- Being aware of the financial implications the may affect the operation of the business. (e.g. over catering, wastage, delays etc.).
- Ensure Production are catering to latest specs.
- Participate in meetings with the customer as required.
- Attend Commercial meetings as required.
- Attend morning unit briefings on a daily basis.
- Liaise with immediate manager to set plans for the short / medium and long term.
- Set priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Forecast trends and developments which affect objectives.
- Familiarisation with planning and forecasting tools (i.e. ‘OPRS’, SACS.
- Report departmental KPI’s to Section / Shift Manager.
- Identify potential problems, analyse information and show quality judgment in decision making.
- Educated to GCSE / O level / NVQ standard.
- ‘NEBS’ Certificate (desirable but not essential).
- Previous Customer Service experience.
- Previous operational coordination experience.
- Good working knowledge of in-flight catering operations.
- PC Literate – Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Thorough understanding of airline operations.
Candidates may be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and / or airport fingerprinting.
You may have experience of the following: Tarmac, Airline, Apron Worker, Airport, Ground Worker, Ramp, etc