Reservations Agent .
Do you have experience working within the travel / leisure industry? Then you are the person we are looking for!
Miki Travel is looking for individuals who are passionate about the travel industry and motivated to join a growing organisation that has an established record of over 50 years.
Our office in the City of London offers a multicultural environment and employs people with a diverse range of experience.
We bring incoming tourists from Japan to Europe, more recently expanding into incoming tours from South East Asia to Europe as well as India to Europe, and the provision of wholesale hotel accommodation and related online products.
Position: Generic Group Reservation
Location: London, EC4V 3BJ
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
We are currently seeking to recruit a Group Reservation Agent within our Hotel Division to be responsible for analysing incoming requests and finding suitable accommodation for our Asian groups coming into Europe.
- Contacting hotels by phone, email or fax in order to discuss present and future reservations
- Select appropriate contracts and none contracted hotels according to sales requirements
- Process bookings and inputting details / rates using Miki in house system
- Negotiate rates and conditions such as cancellation and payment policies
- Provide suitable alternatives as and when required
- Produce accurate documents / reports
- General admin tasks
- Dispute handling
- Process deposits / refunds
- Negotiate book outs, compensations and cancellation charges when needed
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Sound knowledge of MS office applications
- Previous experience within travel / hospitality industry, alternatively admin / retail / logistics experience will be considered
- Capable of handling high volume in a timely manner with accuracy
- Professional and efficient telephone manner
- Outstanding time management and organisation skills
- Preferred negotiation, customer service and problem-solving abilities
- Fluent spoken and written skills in any European language as well as Czech would be beneficial
- Regional knowledge of Europe would be desirable
You may have experience of the following: Reservations Agent, Reservation Agent, Reservation Consultant, Reservations Consultant, Group Reservation, Group Reservations, Reservation Executive, Travel Consultant, Travel and Tourism, Administrator, Office Administrator, Admin Assistant, Booking Agent, Bookings, Hotel Reservation, Hospitality, Retail, Customer Service, Logistics, etc.