Product Manager .
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists and the world’s leading chemistry community and a prestigious not-for-profit publishing and knowledge business, with over 50,000 members advancing excellence in chemistry.
Position: Product Manager
Location: Cambridge (Commutable from Cambridge North, Milton, Ely, Swavesy, Histon & Impington, Oakington, Fenstanton, St Ives, Cambridgeshire, Huntingdon, Newmarket, Saffron Walden, St Neots, Bedford, Hitchin, Stevenage, Bury St Edmunds and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £51,787 - £57,542 per annum plus benefits
Benefits: 26 days paid holiday, Group Personal Plan; learning and career development, subsidised staff restaurant (Cambridge office), staff sports and social club, generous paid holidays, substantial contributory pension scheme, free private healthcare plan, income protection scheme, critical illness insurance, life assurance, free on-site parking (Cambridge office), season ticket, car / motor cycle etc.
Closing Date: 22nd January 2019
About the role:
As Product Manager, you will have a business-critical role in ensuring that the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) develops and delivers a range of digital services, in line with a clear and effective strategy.
Working as part of the Technology Directorate, you will work primarily with business stakeholders and external suppliers, to support and deliver the vision of the RSC’s business directorates.
You will create and deliver a superior customer experience while simultaneously providing long-term value and establishing strong working relationships, based at our Cambridge Science Park office, with limited working from home possible.
- Demonstrable experience in technical product management while demonstrating a business outcomes approach to work.
- Strong commercial acumen and entrepreneurial spirit.
- An understanding of the technologies required to build a product and how they fit together and how technology trends impact the product roadmap and drive innovation.
- Excellent communication skills to sell the product vision at all levels from end-users to senior managers and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers and development teams to communicate and deliver on requirements.
- Exemplary customer focus, a passion for delivering products that will delight customers and the ability to translate complex issues in terms of customer needs.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills and the ability to lead multiple projects with multiple stakeholders within a matrix environment.
- An understanding of education publishing or membership business models would be an advantage.
- Experience in content strategy would also be an advantage, but is not essential.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support you in your career and reward your contribution with great benefits.
If this sounds of interest, please apply now.
You may have experience of the following: Product Manager, Product Development, Product Operations Manager, Project Manager, Project Management, Product Management etc.