Operations Coordinator (Distribution) .
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Position: Distribution Co-Ordinator
Location: Nuneaton, Warwickshire (Commutable from Coventry. Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Rugby, Leicester and surrounding areas)
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40hrs per week, Monday to Friday, with a working pattern between the hours of 09:00 and 18:30
Salary: £18,500 per annum
About the Role:
The Distribution Coordinator will act as the key link between multi-client operational teams and the central Distribution team, ensuring operational requirements for each contract are understood and are organised.
Handling any operational issues as they arise internally and with carriers, and working with the operational teams to meet changes in requests and volume uplifts is a key part of the role. Based in an office and within a busy warehouse environment, you will be required to go out into this environment on a frequent basis.
- Be the key contact within Distribution for the Contract operational teams
- Capture vehicle requirements and support the Distribution team in arranging
- Understand and communicate trailer pull times internally and externally
- Pro-actively lead operational distribution issues to resolution
- Frequently work with the carriers operational teams
- Day to day management of the operational distribution requirements
- Create and share carrier operational SOP’s as required
- Previous experience within a distribution and operational environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a good command of English
- Computer literate using MS Office applications
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Proven ability to plan, organise and think logically
- Experience of working with carrier networks or transport requirements
- Preferably educated to A level
- Ideally some previous experience of liaising with various level of customer
- Preferably a clear understanding of how operations and carrier networks interact
You may have experience of the following: Distribution Coordinator, Customer Service Coordinator, Distribution Administrator, Scheduling, Warehouse Coordinator, Distribution, Warehouse Operative, Distribution Supervisor, Distribution Assistant, Logistics Coordinator, Logistics Assistant, Logistics, Operations Assistant, Operations Coordinator, Transport Coordinator, etc.