Operations Manager (Logistics) .
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Position: Shift Operations Manager
Location: Bridgwater, Somerset (Commutable from Taunton, Wellington, Burnham-on-Sea, Wells and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Shift 1: 06:00 to 14:00, Shift 2: 14:00 to 22:00, and Shift 3: 22:00 to 06:00
Salary: £34,000 to £37,000 plus shift allowance
About the role:
As a Shift Operations Manager, you will lead, manage, and motivate a team - who in turn manage 10-15 colleagues - to achieve business goals; through focussing on continuous improvement, quality, and attention to detail. You will plan and manage customer requirements whilst focusing on financial targets and staff development. You will be working in a fast paced environment on our new NHS Supply Chain contract.
- Ensure the shift achieves the production and performance targets required and contributes to the achievement of service levels
- Lead a team of first line managers to ensure they are effective leaders and act in line with policy, employment law regulations and the Unipart Leadership Fundamentals
- Recruit exceptional people into the business and then develop colleagues through, using succession planning for the future
- Build and maintain strong mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers, service providers, customers and colleagues
- Maintain all aspects of stock integrity and ensure ownership of activities and resolutions
- Ensure operating procedures and processes meet quality requirements and support performance improvement objectives; taking into account the need to respond to volume fluctuations and changes in business and customer needs
- Manage and plan for operational requirements against forecast and demand
- Extensive experience within a logistics operation
- Experience within a high volume fast moving environment
- Continuous improvement - proven capability of process design, process improvement
- Sound understanding of Health & Safety legislation
- Sound understanding of environmental regulations
- Extensive people management experience
- Proven experience of training and motivating a large team to achieve their goals
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Highly customer focussed
- Delegates effectively, allocating tasks and responsibilities appropriately
- Provides regular feedback and recognition; reviews others fairly and objectively; addresses poor performance
You may have experience of the following: Shift Operations Manager, Operations Manager, Shift Manager, Logistics Manager, Logistics Operations, Distribution, Distribution Managers, Operations Management, Continuous Improvement, Transport Manager, etc.