Finance Assistant (Purchase Ledger) .
The Barbour story began in 1894 in South Shields in the North East of England. Founder John Barbour began supplying oilskins and other garments to protect the growing community of sailors, fishermen and dockers. These first weatherproof items quickly established Barbour’s reputation for innovation and quality.
Today, Barbour remains a fifth-generation family business. Under the leadership of Chairman Dame Margaret Barbour, Barbour has grown into a lifestyle brand offering a wardrobe of stylish functional clothing and footwear for men, women and children inspired by the unique values of the British countryside.
Position: Purchase Ledger Administrator
Location: South Shields
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date for applications: 20th January, 2019
About the role:
We are looking to recruit a Purchase Ledger Administrator to join the Finance Team to process purchase invoices received from suppliers, ensuring all invoices are recorded accurately, appropriately authorised and paid on time.
- Utilise electronic invoicing software to review and post invoices and credit notes onto supplier accounts for payment within agreed terms
- Invoice matching, coding and distribution to management for authorisation within ERP system
- Interact with suppliers and relevant departments internally to resolve invoice queries and disputes
- Process direct debit / standing order / letter of credit payments through purchase ledger when information received from bank statements
- Creation and management of supplier account master data
- Execute supplier payments in a timely manner, BACs and international payments
- Undertake any other reasonable activity, as may be required by senior management
- Experience of working in a busy Purchase Ledger environment
- Experience of ERP systems
- Experience of working with electronic invoicing solutions
- Basic PC skills (Excel, Outlook)
- Working to high degree of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to build strong relationships internally
- Mathematics GCSE grade C or equivalent desirable
You may have experience of the following: Purchase Ledger Administrator, Purchase Ledger Assistant, Finance Assistant, Finance Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, etc.