Maintenance Engineer .
Gate Gourmet is the world's largest independent provider of catering services for airlines and are the core business behind gategroup, whose eleven associated brands offer customers a comprehensive scope of products and services for virtually any on-board need. We provide more than 200 million meals a year to our 270-plus customers at some 120 airport locations around the globe.
Position: Facilities Engineer
Location: Manchester, Lancashire, M17 1EH (Commutable from Warrington, Stockport, Bolton, Rochdale, Wilmslow, Macclesfield and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Ability to work Shifts / flexible timings (when required due to business requirements)
About the role:
As a Facilities Engineer, you will be required to support the Facilities and Maintenance team in delivering reactive and planned repairs / servicing for the unit’s facilities and equipment.
- Delivery of planned, routine & reactive maintenance to all building plant, equipment and systems, to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed Service Level Agreements
- Where equipment cannot be repaired in the first instance, make a safe temporary repair and report back to Supervisor with recommended course of action
- Test and Inspection of BMS Systems; diagnose faults where appropriate and manage the necessary repair
- Assist other trades in completion of multi-disciplinary works
- Ensure the issue and appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems and Safe Systems of Work
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of plant
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in the form of the FM system updates
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
- Ensure that engineering sub-contractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, site operating processes, and issue appropriate permits when necessary
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning
- Preferred Electrical or Mechanical Engineering NVQ Level 3 or above
- Desirable experience of a facilities / maintenance related role in a factory environment
- Proven track record of good customer service and customer interaction is required
- Preferable experience of working on large machines such as air-flight dishwashers
- Outstanding communication skills with all levels of employees
- Must have a demonstrable background in a Maintenance environment
- Knowledge of industrial dishwashing equipment an advantage
- Authorised Person: HV / LV Training Course
- C&G 17th Edition an advantage
- Knowledge on how to service / test of systems of highly specialised equipment
- 3 Phase electrical supplies knowledge
- Alarm systems - fire, fridge etc
- UPS backup systems experience preferable
- BMS System experience
You may have experience of the following: Facilities Engineer, Facilities Manager, Facilities Management, Maintenance Engineer, Multi skilled Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Plant Engineer, Plumber, Electrician, Repairs, Engineering, etc.