IT Support Team Leader .
Mawdsleys are a UK based pharmaceutical 3PL provider and wholesaler to the healthcare sector and pharmaceutical industry. We now have an exciting opportunity for an IT Helpdesk Team Leader to join the team on a full time, permanent basis.
Position: IT Helpdesk Team Leader
Location: Salford (Greater Manchester)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Roster based between 8am and 6pm
Salary: £22,000 to £26,000 per annum (depending on experience)
About the role:
You will provide IT support to all types of end users for the Mawdsleys Group and other technical teams ensuring systems are maintained and supported to the highest standards. You will be the main point of contact for the helpdesk and for any escalations.
- Managing and supporting the IT helpdesk Team.
- Logging, managing and resolving Incidents.
- Managing Helpdesk email queue to log or update calls.
- Ensure that all support calls and requests are dealt with in an appropriate time and in accordance with defined policies and procedures.
- Identifying when to escalate incidents.
- Diagnosing and solving hardware / software faults.
- Spot trends and underlying issues and inform management of recurring problems.
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Setting up or configuring IT equipment for new and existing users.
- Working with and assisting Engineering when needed.
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time.
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with users and other professionals.
- Supporting all manner of in-house applications and services.
- Work to an efficient stock control system and ensure associated records are updated. Order equipment and supplies to secure best value for goods and services where possible.
- Creating support guides to ensure all knowledge is shared and maintained.
- Working as a team to ensure the phones are manned at all times during core working hours.
- Ensure the weekly rota is completed and ensure cover of the helpdesk during holiday and sickness periods.
On occasions, there will be a requirement to work outside normal hours to upgrade systems or complete critical tasks. Some traveling will be required to depots to carry out any infrastructure and support jobs.
- Have at least one year’s experience overseeing a team of IT Technicians.
- Able to interact with senior members of staff and able to articulate technical information in layman’s terms.
- Able to manage third party suppliers and take ownership of relationships and service reviews.
You may have experience of the following: IT Technician, IT Support, Technical Support, 1st line Support, 2nd line Support, IT Helpdesk, IT Engineer, Service Desk, Help Desk, Team Leader, Supervisor etc.