Junior Systems Engineer .
Mawdsleys, with a history tracing back to 1825, is a pharmaceutical wholesaler with a fast growing international network, supplying medicines to meet patient needs and providing a route to market for manufacturers
Position: Systems Engineer
Location: Salford (Commutable from Manchester, Stretford, Stockport, Pendlebury and Whitefield)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Roster based between 8 am and 6pm
Salary: £22,000 to £26,000 (depending on experience)
About the role:
Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the Mawdsleys Group IT Infrastructure.
- Logging, managing and resolving engineering Incidents.
- Diagnosing and solving hardware / software faults.
- Spot trends and underlying issues and inform management of recurring problems.
- Setting up or configuring IT equipment.
- Working with and assisting the IT Helpdesk when needed.
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time.
On occasions, there will be a requirement to work outside normal hours to upgrade systems or complete critical tasks. Some traveling will be required to depots to carry out any infrastructure and support jobs.
- Administration of Windows desktop and Server Operating Systems and applications.
- Understanding of basic networking technologies such as TCP / IP, switches and firewalls.
- Active Directory, Exchange Server & Office 365 administration.
- Experience of Virtualisation (VMware) and SAN storage.
- MS SQL Server administration.
- Exposure to security products, such as antivirus, email and web filtering and monitoring tools.
You may have experience of the following: Systems Engineer, Junior Systems Engineer, Systems Administrator, Technical Support, Infrastructure Engineer, Server Engineer, IT SAN, Network Engineer, Solutions, Senior IT Support, 3rd Line Support, Network Administrator, Technical Analyst, Windows Server, etc.