Competence, Training and Education Advisor .
KeolisAmey Docklands is a leading Light Rail Operator, proud to operate the DLR, which serves a vibrant community at the heart of the East End of London. We pride ourselves, not just in our outstanding safety and performance records, but in our hunger to deliver an amazing customer experience.
Position: Competence, Training and Education Advisor
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £36,000 to £40,000 per annum depending on experience
Benefits: Competitive salary; as part of the Transport for London family, we offer our staff a range of competitive benefits including: Free travel for you and a nominated partner / family member, living at the same address, across the TfL network. A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest-free loan, 25 days annual leave plus public holidays, Tax-efficient childcare payments.
About the role:
We are currently recruiting for a Competence, Training and Education Advisor reporting to the Competence, Training and Education (CT&E) Manager. The CT&E Advisor is responsible for the implementation of all training and competence related policy to deliver and maintain compliance within KAD. Within each focus area (competence or training), the CT&E Advisor is responsible for the planning, development and delivery of CT&E capability, and the continual improvement in Safety Critical (SC) competence across KAD.
- KAD lead for competence management, training and education
- Day-to-day administration of the KAD CMS
- Management of the KAD training school.
- Managing the CMS Service level Agreement (SLA) and the CMS improvement plan with the vendor
- Supporting business units to draft and implement CMS development plans
- Training of competence assessors and verifiers and managing the verification programme
- Commissioning, planning and delivery of CT&E-related projects
- Managing the Request for Change (RFC) system
- Delivery of Continual Professional Development (CPD) activities for all trainers and assessors
- Qualification in a relevant competence, training, education, or training management discipline at Level 3 or above
- Experience in training analysis, design and development
- Project management qualification (PRINCE2, APMP) and experience
- Experience in the development and delivery of competence management and / or training solutions within the rail or comparable (safety critical) industry
- Ability to communicate with line managers and team leads in order to deliver a high-quality competence and training solutions
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Confident presentation skills
- Proficient with IT (Microsoft Office suite)
- Previous experience in using a Management Information System (MIS) and Learning Management System (LMS)
- Rail Industry experience / exposure
- Level 4 Trainer and / or Verifier Qualification
- PCGE / CertEd or equivalent
- Coaching qualification and / or experience
- Previous experience in the use of ‘rapid’ eLearning development tools (Captivate, StoryLine etc.)
- Systems Approach to Training (SAT) practitioner
KeolisAmey Docklands recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
You may have experience of the following: Training and Development, Training Practice, Learning and Development, Staff Training, PCGE, CertED, Rail Industry, Transport Industry, Management Development Programme, Personal Development, eLearning, PRINCE2 etc.