IT Support Technician .
Since 1978 Routeco has successfully established itself as one of the UK`s leading distributors of industrial automation and control products. Over an impressive period of sustained and continuous growth, Routeco have secured a nationwide network of sales locations employing over 250 personnel. The company has expanded by focusing on providing customers with the very best choice of products from leading manufacturers from around the world packaged together with a range of value-added services.
Position: IT Helpdesk
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire (Commutable from Northampton, Bedford, Wellingborough, Aylesbury and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: Up to £25,000 dependent on skills and experience
Benefits: Group Life Assurance (1x annual salary), 25 days annual leave (increasing with length of service), Westfield Health Cash Plan (level 1, employee only), Pension Scheme (1% employee contributions, 2% employer contributions), Other flexible benefit options such as anytime benefit platform and upgrades will be available for selection on an annual basis.
About the role:
The IT Help desk provides IT technical support to internal staff. The role requires an aptitude for working with applications / systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of staff problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties within this role. Coverage includes the HO site at Milton Keynes as well as remote users at other offices and home workers.
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via telephone and email
- Maintaining an Asset Database and track changes
- Troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as Smart Phones, Laptops, PCs and Printers
- Troubleshoot basic network issues such as ADSL broadband issues
- Escalate unresolved calls to the Senior IT Technicians
- Log all calls in the Help desk Call Logging system
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Provide stats for the weekly Help desk. Desk report on call trends
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required
- Intermediate Active Directory knowledge. Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc
- Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house (OneOffice)
- 2 years previous IT Service Desk and / or Call Centre experience required
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Incident Management experience – Managing incidents including business expectations and communication
- Intermediate User & Security Group Active Directory administration
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7 & 8,10 and Office 2007 and above
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook 2010 (and above) within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- Troubleshooting network issues
- Understanding of network topologies
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
- Experience of ERP Systems an advantage
- Experience with VMware is desirable
- Experience with Mimecast is desirable
You may have experience of the following: IT Helpdesk, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support, Support Administrator, Customer Service, IT Support, 2nd Line Support, 3rd Line Support, Technical Support, Support Analyst, IT, Helpdesk, ERP Systems, VMware etc.