Employment Skills Trainer .
Working with a range of unemployed or Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) Clients, to deliver accredited and non-accredited skills and employability focused training and development activities appropriate to the needs of the client.
The role will include the ongoing development and tailoring of course materials, delivery of sessions and face to face support, to enable clients to overcome barriers to employment and empower them to find and sustain employment or move into further education.
Position: Initial Skills Trainer
Location: Northwich, Working across Manchester, Cheshire and Warrington
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £22,000 per annum
About the role:
The Initial Skills Trainer will provide effective support to groups of clients through workshop delivery of specific return to work interventions that address barriers to employment, skills for work and support the transition for employment or further studies. This role is responsible for providing support to a variety of customers with differing aspirations.
The main remit of the role is to equip clients with the necessary employability skills they will need to effectively compete for and be put forward for job vacancies or to provide a basis for further education or skills development. The role will facilitate workshops and supervised development activities in a variety of settings.
- Relevant teaching / training / coaching related qualification at level 4 or above
- Demonstrable ability at Level 2 in personal Literacy and Numeracy either through GCSE, CSE or other qualification
- A minimum of two years delivering employment related modules to jobseekers and Experience of successfully supporting a wide range of learners
- Working knowledge of ICT systems, Microsoft, databases and Management Information Systems
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organisational skills to prioritise objectives and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to train creatively, adapting to the needs of the learners and be willing to explore new strategies
- Excellent Time Management and Organisation skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Creative problem solving skills and a positive approach to challenging cases
- Hold a current driving licence with access to own transport with the willingness to travel flexibly across a defined region
This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Check
You may have experience of the following: Teacher, Mentor, Tutor, Teaching, Training, Trainer, Education, Employability Skills, Employment Advisor