Facilities Assistant (Maternity cover) .
Newlyn PLC is a highly successful and rapidly expanding bailiff company providing a quality driven service to Local Authorities. We seek a facilities administrator to work within our state of the art office located in Northampton town Centre, and to assist with ensuring the building and the services meet the needs of the business and are compliant with Health & Safety requirements.
Position: Facilities Assistant
Location: Ashby House, 33-37 Sheep Street, Northampton NN1 2NE (Commutable from Brixworth, Earls Barton, Wellingborough, Long Buckby and Towcester)
Job type: Part Time, Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
Hours: 2 days per week, Flexible
Salary: £11.00 per hour (negotiable)
About the role:
To assist with ensuring the building and the services meet the needs of the business and are compliant with Health & Safety requirements.
- Building and grounds maintenance.
- Cleaning, recycling and waste management;
- Catering and vending.
- Procurement and contract management; Space management; Parking and Utilities infrastructure
- To familiarise yourself with the Company’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies
- To ensure all Quality and Environmental Management Systems are managed, monitored, developed and maintained
- Manage / assist with External Audits as and when necessary.
- Oversee and maintain waste stream management systems.
- Direct, coordinate and plan essential services such as maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling..
- Oversee staff parking areas and management of oversee waste reduction / energy saving policies.
- Ensure relevant quality, environmental and health & safety training programmes are delivered to staff as appropriate.
- Carry out statutory and voluntary inspections.
- Ideally 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Good with Microsoft office particularly Excel.
- Procurement background.
- Understanding of health and safety and knowledge of audit processes.
- Good at building relationships and influencing suppliers.
- Excellent negotiation skills and high attention to details
You may have experience of the following: Administrator, Office Administrator, Facilities Administrator, Venue Administrator, Health & Safety Officer, Health & Safety, Assistant Administrator, Customer Services, Maintenance, Contract Manager, Facilities Assistant, Maintenance Assistant, Maintenance Coordinator.