Business Development Executive .
Bagnalls is a leading, family-owned, painting and refurbishment contractor, established in 1875, with 16 branches across the UK. This role is based at our Erith Office. We were honoured to be awarded Supreme Champion, Family Business of the Year 2016 by Family Business United, chosen from companies throughout the UK.
We are committed to the long-term development of our staff and are proud that our management team have clocked up an average length of service of 24 years. Six of our nine Executive Board members started as Management Trainees with Bagnalls.
Position: Business Development Executive
Location: Erith, London
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 24 hours, up to 30 hours per week, with some flexibility, Monday to Fri (08.30 to 14.30 / 9.00 to 15.00 4 days per week, by agreement).
Salary: £16,000 to 18,000 OTE are £25k to £28k (Full time equivalent), pro-rata
Benefits: Company pension scheme
Closing Date: January 16th 2019
About the role:
This exciting opportunity is based in our Erith office. The main focus of the Business Development Executive will be to develop new customer opportunities and to find and build connections with potential new customers. You will be using a mainly telesales process, along with a variety of communication methods including: use of social media, email, Word, and Excel, as well as an element of internet research.
You will be responsible for contacting and developing customer relationships, following up as necessary via phone and email as well as booking appointments with prospective clients over the phone for our Contracts Team.
- Excellent telephone manner and strong verbal communication skills as the majority of work is telephone based
- Ability to research and summarise potential opportunities
- Good standard of written English
- Confidence to build relationships at many levels including with senior decision makers
- Microsoft Office skills and ability to learn to use an in-house CRM system
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s A-C including English
- Experience within a customer service or sales environment, preferably demonstrating a telesales role would be desirable
- Knowledge of using social media for business purposes would also be beneficial
Bagnalls is an equal opportunities employer.
You may have experience of the following: Business Development Executive, BDE, Sales Executive, Sales Representative, Sales Rep, Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Account Management, Client Relationship Manager, Business Development Management, Lead Generation, Telesales, Telemarketing, etc.