Business Development Executive .
Bagnalls is a leading, family-owned, painting and refurbishment contractor, established in 1875, with 16 branches across the UK. This role is based at our Bedminster Down, Bristol Office. We were honoured to be awarded Supreme Champion, Family Business of the Year 2016 by Family Business United, chosen from companies throughout the UK.
We are committed to the long-term development of our staff and are proud that the management team have clocked up an average length of service of 24 years. Six of our nine Executive Board members started as Management Trainees with Bagnalls.
Position: Business Development Executive
Location: Bristol, Avon (Commutable from Yate, Patchway, Bath, Portishead, Clevedon, Chepstow and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Full-time position, although the hours have some flexibility. We will also consider greater flexibility of working days and hours, for an outstanding candidate.
Salary: £16,000 to 18,000 Full time equivalent, dependent on experience; OTE are £26k to £30k
Benefits: Company pension scheme
Closing Date: January 16th 2019
About the role:
This exciting opportunity is based in our Bristol office. The main focus of the Business Development Executive will be to find and build connections with potential new customers. There will also be an element of time allocated to maintain relationships with some of our existing customers. You will be using a variety of communication methods including: mainly working on the phone alongside using social media, email, Word, and Excel.
The role will be office-based (at our Bristol branch), but involve a telesales focus potentially for the South West and South Wales area. The successful candidate will require plenty of initiative as you start the journey of winning new business for the company.
You will be responsible for contacting and developing customer relationships, following up as necessary via phone and email as well as booking appointments with prospective clients over the phone for our Contracts Team. In some cases, you will be expected to work with other Business Development Representatives within the company, to jointly develop opportunities to maximum potential
- Excellent telephone manner and strong verbal communication skills as the majority of work is telephone based
- Ability to seek out, research and summarise potential opportunities
- Good standard of written English
- Confidence to build relationships at many levels including with senior decision makers
- Microsoft Office skills and ability to learn to use an in-house CRM system
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s A-C including English
- Experience within a customer service or sales environment, preferably demonstrating a telesales role would be desirable
- Knowledge of using social media for business purposes would also be beneficial
- Understanding of business roles and responsibilities within the building and maintenance environment would be advantageous
Bagnalls is an equal opportunities employer.
You may have experience of the following: Business Development Executive, BDE, Sales Executive, Sales Representative, Sales Rep, Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Account Management, Client Relationship Manager, Business Development Management, Lead Generation, Telesales, Telemarketing, etc.