Process Engineer .
Vita Liquid Polymers, based in Wythenshawe, Manchester is a specialty Compounding business producing liquid polymeric compounds of Aqueous and Plasticiser based products. Major markets include floorcoverings, wallcoverings, textile coatings, automotive oil and fuel filtration, adhesives and sealants. This is an opportunity to join a growing company within the Vita group, help build and develop the department including the overseeing of a new £1m prepolymer plant and recent solvent installation. Potential for candidate to progress into departmental manager.
Position: Process Engineer
Location: Sharston, Manchester (Commutable from Altrincham, Stockport, Warrington, Macclesfield and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £25k to 30k. Negotiable on experiences
About the role:
The Process Engineer is a hands-on role and the candidate will support the operational team and have responsibility for overseeing the safe & efficient running of our manufacturing units through the enhancement of existing process controls.
- Provide leadership and technical assistance to the operations team in the field of process engineering to attain safety, environmental, production, quality and cost goals
- Provide hands on facilitation of all process & engineering activities and interaction with manufacturing departments and contractors
- Develop & implement process safety programs including preventative and predictive maintenance activities
- Write operating & maintenance procedures and implement and teach where appropriate
- Control and regulate company regulatory compliance systems
- Minimise occupational & operational risk exposure & embed a culture of risk awareness and considered risk control, ensuring improvement against key SHE objectives
- Lead & assist in the production of Risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Lead & document the process hazard evaluations of new & existing process
- Degree or equivalent background in Engineering or Chemical Engineering with an experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience working with chemicals including solvents preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and protocols
- Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate yourself and others to learn, follow and improve operational & safety process
- Critical thinking skills and ability to constructively resolve issues and problems
- Ability to learn and adapt to the needs of the business within the scope of the role
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment including interactions with staff at all levels
- Ability to work extended hours or weekends when problems occur and be part of an out of hours call team within a reasonable framework. Occasional travel requirement within Vita group
You may have experience of the following: Process Engineer, Shift Process Engineer, Quality Control, Chemical Engineering, Engineering, Shift Process Coordinator, Polymers, Production Process Engineer, Continuous Improvement, Sample Control, Manufacturing etc.