Area Service Manager (Social Housing) .
We own over 5600 social housing and 1000 student properties across the East Midlands and Yorkshire and take our roles in our customer’s lives really seriously, putting the customer first in everything we do. We have a wide variety of customers and have ambitious targets to deliver the best service we can in an ever changing landscape.
Position: Area Service Manager (West)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week, 7am and 7pm Monday to Friday. Most people are here from 8:30am to 5pm (4:30pm on a Friday), but we’re flexible
Salary: £25,405 per annum
Closing date: 13 January 2019
About the role:
We're growing as an organisation and with that comes the need to expand our teams. You'll be joining at an exciting time as we move into 2019 and our growth plan starts to really move!
Your role is all about being the face of Acis in our communities. You’ll be at the front line, making a real difference to our customer’s lives and taking great satisfaction in that.
- Being out and about amongst our communities and customers
- Understanding tenancy issues and helping guide next steps
- Helping customers find their new home through property viewings and sign ups
- Working closely with a variety of stakeholders on estate management issues
- Investigating and responding to antisocial behaviour
- Seeking access to properties for servicing and repairs, especially for gas safety checks
- Supporting and working with various agencies and partners
- A good standard of education (minimum Level 2 Numeracy & Literacy, or equivalent)
- Computer literacy and have a good working knowledge of PC based office management systems
- A strong customer focussed approach both externally and internally
- Direct housing management experience and an expectation that you will work in a results driven and outcome focussed environment
- Be motivated, adaptable, determined, and able to work on your own initiative to resolve problems and achieve
- Resilience. Working in social housing is a challenging but rewarding career, you’ll be helping to bring real change to our customer’s lives
Desirable skills or experience:
- A housing management qualification
- Knowledge of community development
- At least 25 days annual leave every year, with bank holidays on top of this.
- An employer matched pension contribution of up to 8%.
- The opportunity to undertake additional company sponsored professional training.
- We like to get face to face with customers and suppliers, so a full driving licence is essential.
- We like to be smart, so you’ll need to wear office smart clothing and don’t forget your ID badge!
- We want people to know you, so you’ll work with a variety of stakeholders such as; other team members, Managers and Directors, the Board, our customers, members of the public, contractors, employees from other agencies etc.
We may close this vacancy earlier than the stated closing date if the volume of applicants is high.
You may have experience of the following: Area Service Manager, Area Manager, Service Manager, Property Manager, Property Management, Housing Manager, Housing Management, Facilities Manager, Project Manager, Programme Manager, etc.