Release Manager .
Tunstall’s vision is to give people the freedom to live as independently, securely, healthily and happily as they are able.
Tunstall is a Truly Global Business with products and services provided across 52 countries offering Solutions in Independent Living, Assisted Living, Remote Patient Monitoring & Support and Integrated NurseCall Systems.
Position: Group Release Manager
Location: Whitley, North Yorkshire DN14 0HR (commutable from Selby, Scunthorpe, Doncaster, Market Wighton, Pocklinton and surrounding areas)
Contract type: Permanent.
Hours: Full time
Salary: £60,000 per annum
About the role:
We are looking for a Group Release Manager to manage all aspects of the I&D Software release process from Development completion to Market Release to customers. The post holder will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across Tunstall for TSP, ICP and Evity. Other applications may be added to the portfolio overtime.
The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Where necessary you’ll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production. Role will be adept at ITIL Change and Release Management and Project methodologies like Prince2.
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across the portfolio
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years People Management
- 2+ years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel, working Knowledge of Access
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- ITIL Service framework including Change and Release Management
- Safety critical or performance critical systems
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
You may have experience of the following: Group Release Manager, Release Manager, IT Project Manager, IT Manager, Project Management, Technical Project Manager, Release Management, ITIL, Change Management, Change Manager, Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Analyst, Analyst, Business Analyst, etc.