Warehouse Team Leader (Logistics) .
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Position: Team Leader
Location: Honeybourne, Worcestershire, WR11 8TS (Commutable from Evesham, Stratford-upon-Avon, Tewkesbury, Worcester, Redditch, Chipping Campden and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 07:00 to 15:30 Monday to Friday, but with flexibility
Salary: £23 to 27k per annum
About the role:
As a First Line Manager / Team Leader, you will lead, manage, coach, motivate and engage a small committed team of colleagues to deliver a logistics warehouse end to end process such as inbound, collation, outbound, put-away, pick, returns. You will provide effective communication, leadership, motivation, training and development in such a way that the operational effectiveness of the business is maintained, and that all daily targets are met.
- Actively promote, take responsibility for embedding a culture of employee engagement within the team
- Responsible for managing 10 to 15 employees
- Ensure that the team deliver Key Performance Indicators, where this performance is sustained and continually improved, with focus on quality
- Ensure processes have a relevant standard operating procedure
- Utilise continuous improvement tools and techniques and support team members in their application
- Develop and maintain appropriate daily, weekly and monthly reporting mechanisms to monitor, control and improve performance - both operationally and financially
- Manage the allocation of work on a daily basis, controlling headcount and overtime budgets and ensuring cost, quality and delivery targets met
- Promote flexibility through skills training and personal development
- Manage customer interfaces and expectations to ensure excellent customer service is received
Some management experience would be an advantage, and you will need substantial operational experience, but above all you’ll have a passion to deliver exceptional service and continuously improve, whilst leading, coaching, and developing your team.
You may have experience of the following: Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Operative, Senior Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Manager, Logistics Team Leader, Supply Chain Team Leader, Logistics Supervisor, Supply Chain Supervisor, Warehousing, Operations Supervisor, Shift Supervisor, Distribution, Distribution Team Leader, Shift Manager, etc.