Customer Service Advisor .
Stevenage Borough Council is a successful local authority, and at the heart of this is Customer Service. Our Customer Service Centre gives access to Council services to around 1000 customers a day via telephone. We’re looking for a customer focussed and hardworking person to join our popular team.
Position: Customer Service Advisor
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire (Commutable from Luton, Welwyn Garden City, Letchworth Garden City, Hitchin, Harlow and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week on a shift basis.
Salary: Grade 2 (£17,072 to £18,070) per annum
Benefits: Free staff car parking, local government pension scheme, up to 30 days annual leave (subject to previous accumulated service).
Closing date: 18th January 2019
About the role:
The post sits within the Customer Service Centre and focuses on providing customers with information and assistance that enables them to access Stevenage Borough Council services as well services provided by their partners and stakeholders.
As a Customer Service Advisor, you will act as a professional and caring first-point-of-contact on the telephone, providing help and advice to customers with a diverse range of queries, questions and situations.
- Take personal responsibility to ask the customer the correct questions and listen to the answers in order to establish the customer’s need.
- Provide clear, concise and accurate information and / or service in response to enquiries in line with enquiry handling procedures and service level agreements.
- To be a constructive and positive communicator by active listening, managing the customers expectations and establishing rapport by using the correct vocal image and control, being a good empathiser and delivering a professional service in line with the image of Stevenage Borough Council.
- To meet Stevenage Borough Council specified service standards.
- Take responsibility for ensuring all fields on the CRM system are filled in accurately with the correct information.
- To update and maintain information resources and databases by recognising where information is misleading or incorrect.
- To recognise personal development by accepting performance feedback and participating in training where and when necessary.
- Maintain excellent communications with customers who are often vulnerable, and external agencies such as Children’s Services, Adult Services, Citizens Advice Service, Herts Young Homeless, Domestic Violence advisors and the Council’s housing contractors.
- Undertake any additional responsibilities as directed by the line manager commensurate with the level and grading for the role.
- Ensure compliance to the organisation’s Code of Conduct in the delivery and provision of services to staff and the community.
- Ability to accurately identify and prioritise a customer’s needs, offer appropriate solutions and resolve customer enquiries to the complete satisfaction of the customer.
- Ability to handle difficult customers and sensitive situations effectively.
- Ability to write clear, concise and grammatically correct messages, avoiding jargon.
- Quick and accurate key board skills.
- Ability to use standard Microsoft products, including Windows and the MS Office suite.
- Ability to use databases to log and store information with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to locate and research information electronically in order to solve queries effectively.
- Working knowledge of a telephone-based role (desirable).
- Working knowledge of a customer service, customer serving or sales-based role (desirable).
- Working knowledge of using databases in a telephony-based customer environment or similar (desirable).
- Working knowledge of a “listen-and-key” environment (desirable).
- GCSE / equivalent at Grade C or above (desirable).
You may have experience of the following: Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Executive, Customer Service Officer, Customer Service Representative, Customer Relations Executive, Contact Centre, Customer Service Agent, Call Centre, Customer Support, Client Support, Call Centre Advisor, Contact Centre Advisor, etc.