Field Service Engineer .
Tunstall’s vision is to give people the freedom to live as independently, securely, healthily and happily as they are able.
Tunstall Healthcare Group offers a range of Connected Care and Connected Health solutions across each of its main regions - UK, Nordics, Southern Europe, Central Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific.
Tunstall is a Truly Global Business with products and services provided across 52 countries offering Solutions in Independent Living, Assisted Living, Remote Patient Monitoring & Support and Integrated NurseCall Systems.
Position: Field Service Engineer
Location: Lancashire / Cheshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £23,970 - £27,000
About the role:
The Field Service Engineer will provide the highest quality repair and maintenance service to the full range of company and third-party products in an efficient and professional manner, continually meeting or exceeding given performance targets as directed by their Regional Service Manager. The jobholder shall at all times consider the needs of the Customer first and be able to demonstrate exceptional customer relation and interpersonal skills.
- Repair and maintain existing equipment and systems across the full range of products
- Continually exceed performance targets as set by the Regional Service Manager in the areas of productivity, quality of workmanship, first fix rate, stock control and attendance at work
- Demonstrate a comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of all the company's core products both in their repair and functionality
- Perform preventative maintenance checks and first line repairs to key products and systems to ensure potentially disruptive issues are pro-actively averted
- Provide technical assistance and training to other members of the team and customers as directed by the Company
- Identify issues that lessen customer satisfaction and actively participate in their resolution and future prevention, while adhering to the company's policies and procedures
- Assisting with installation related activities such as; site visits / commissioning / surveying etc
- Be part of a standby rota to support all company products
Essential Skills / Experiences:
- Undertake CRB check or similar
- A good understanding of basic Electrical and Electronic systems / principles
- An electrical / electronic qualification equivalent to or above an NVQ level 2 or similar
- Full driving licence
- A flexible approach to work
- The ability to work at heights or in confined dusty spaces
- Good IT skills
- Good health record
- Undertake Training as required
- Experience of repairing field service products down to board level including Intruder Alarms, CCTV, Door Entry, Access Control, Environmental Monitoring / Control, Fire Detection, Nurse Call, etc
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety issues relating to the service function Experience of working with the elderly or vulnerable
- Experience of working with KPI’s, performance measures, SLA’s or similar
- A pass at ONC level, equivalent NVQ Level 3 or demonstrable alternative in a technical discipline (specifically Electrical or Electronic Engineering)
- Comprehensive and in - depth technical understanding of the Electrical and Electronic systems / principles
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of networks and IP based systems Deputise for Senior Engineer
- Deputise for Senior Engineer
You may have experience of the following: Field Service Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Mobile Support Engineer, Networks, Electronic Technician, Electrical Engineer, Field Service Technician, Maintenance Engineer etc.