Managing Advocate .
VoiceAbility supports people who face disadvantage or discrimination to have a voice that counts. VoiceAbility is a well-established organisation providing advocacy and user involvement services across England. VoiceAbility in Northampton has an exciting opportunity for an exceptional person to develop their skills in the role of Managing Advocate.
You and your advocacy team will support people who may be marginalised or vulnerable to speak up and be heard. You will lead by example to enable your team to strengthen voices, support human rights and change lives.
Position: Managing Advocate
Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire (Commutable from Wellingborough, Kettering, Towcester, Milton Keynes, Daventry and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £24,000 to £28,000 per annum
Benefits: 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays; 5% employer pension & 3% employee contribution; Salary sacrifice pension scheme; Cycle to work; Employee Assistance programme; Supportive working environment fostering a good work / life balance; Support with professional development
Closing date: 13th January, 2019
About the role:
The Managing Advocate role is responsible for providing line management and practice based leadership. You will need to demonstrate expert advocacy practice. You will monitor and review performance with staff. You will be responsible for ensuring high quality advocacy support, which enables the voices of service users to be heard and respected.
You will be accountable for your own practice and that of your wider team in meeting contractual targets and performance measures. You will assist your service manager to develop relationships with the commissioners of your service contracts. You will be supported in your role by your Service Manager and you will work closely with your Advocates both in the office and out in the community of Northampton.
Essential Skills / Experiences:
- Managing and delivering a service to users
- 2+ years experience of delivering Advocacy to users
- 2+ years experience of leading, motivating and coaching others
- Effective management of expenses budgets
- Managing relationships
- IT skills - a working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Full and clean Driving Licence
Desirable Skills / Experiences:
- Experience of monitoring and reporting, ensuring data accuracy across a range of metrics and following processes and procedures, making effective use of systems
- Experience of working in a Third Sector organisation
- General management qualification
- Coaching and mentoring skills or qualification
You may have experience of the following: Advocate Team Leader, Mental Health, Charity, Third Sector, Senior Advocate, Support Worker, Healthcare, Supervisor, Team Leader, Advocate, Social Worker, Managing Advocate, Advocate Manager, Service Advisor, Service Manager, Lead Advocate, Advocacy Services Manager, etc.