Warehouse Operative .
Gate Gourmet is the world's largest independent provider of catering services for airlines. We provide more than 200 million meals a year to our 270-plus customers at some 120 airport locations around the globe.
Position: Warehouse Assistant
Location: West Drayton, London (Commutable from Hayes, Uxbridge, Slough, Egham and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
About the role:
As Warehouse Assistant you will be required to load and off-load lorries, stack shelves and replenish equipment and food items, making sure you maintain high standards of quality, hygiene and health & safety in line with customer and company specifications.
You will also be required to accurately palletize shipments according to specification, conduct product date and quality checks with improvement action where required and conduct daily stock counts and stock rotation.
- To follow all operating procedures in the course of your duties to the best of your abilities.
- To ensure the work area is kept safe and as clean as possible.
- To ensure that the standards of cleanliness and house-keeping are within the guidelines laid down in the Company procedures.
- To report all accidents and take the necessary preventative action.
- To ensure that relevant entries are made in the diary log and that the log is checked at the beginning of each shift.
- Assist in follow-up of Quality Assurance / Health & Safety reports.
- To take on any other duties as and when required.
The successful candidate will able to communicate effectively both verbally and non-verbally at all levels and be totally flexible within the role and within the unit departments.
You may have experience of the following: Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Assistant, Production Operative, Dispatch Operative, Picking, Packing, Goods In, Quality Control, etc.