Legal Cashier .
NAHL Group PLC, the listed parent company of National Accident Helpline, is creating a third, wholly owned ABS. This follows the successful launch of two joint venture firms with New Law and Lyons Davidson over the last 12 months.
As a group we have a reputation for investing in our people and we believe our team’s personal and professional development is critical to our success. We are very proud to have recently been awarded the Gold Standard by Investors In People at our first attempt.
Position: Legal Cashier
Location: Kettering, Northamptonshire (Commutable from Corby, Wellingborough, Northampton, Market Harborough, Leicester, and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
- Client's and firm's disbursements, payments, expenses and receipts
- Ensuring compliance with the SRA Accounts Rules
- Daily banking activities
- Dealing with and resolving queries
- Firm and Client bank reconciliations
- General ledger reconciliations
- Billing for client and office
- Dealing with interest on client accounts
- Issuing of client and firm cheques
- Maintaining and updating archives
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to identify process improvements
- Good level of IT literacy i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook
- A strong working knowledge of the SRA accounts rules and the VAT aspects of legal cashiering is advantageous
- Knowledge of peppermint software is advantageous
You may have experience of the following: Legal Cashier, SRA, Solicitors Regulation Authority, Legal Accounts Assistant, Legal Finance, Legal Secretary, Finance Assistant, Legal Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Finance Officer, Accounts Officer, etc.