Assistant Operations Team Leader (Food / Catering Services) .
Gate Gourmet is the world's largest independent provider of catering services for airlines and is the core business behind gategroup, whose eleven associated brands offer customers a comprehensive scope of products and services for virtually any on-board need. We provide more than 200 million meals a year to our 270-plus customers at some 120 airport locations around the globe.
Position: Assistant Team Leader (FCO Coordinator)
Location: Hayes, UB7 9FN, London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £9.54 per hour
About the role:
- Maintain overall productivity within designated area against section objectives and targets
- Coach and train General Assistants to department / company standards. Feedback issues to Team Leader
- Resolve conflict / provide solutions by exercising high levels of influencing, negotiation and communication skills. Lead and participate in staff briefings
- Contribute and manage within defined systems of working to ensure quality of product, service to the customer and team progression / development
- Instigate and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Deputise for Team Leader when required
- Rotate through different departments / units as reasonably required
- Ability to cover a 7-day operation
- Minimum of 1 year’s relevant operational experience.
- A-levels or equivalent and / or relevant work experience
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Food hygiene, security, H&S experience
- Demonstrable experience of taking accountability.
- Basic IT skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Numerate and literate, ability to interface with management
- Good communication skills
You may have experience of the following: Assistant Operations Team Leader, Operations Assistant, Operations, Catering Assistant, Food Hygiene, Health and Safety, Catering, Assistant Production Supervisor, Operations Team Leader, Assistant Team Leader, Assistant Shift Team Leader, Food Production, etc.