Senior Public Affairs Officer / Campaigns Officer .
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries. We work in partnership with the very poorest people in these countries, directly enabling them to improve their lives, as well as using our knowledge and experience to influence decisions made at a local, national and international level that can significantly reduce extreme poverty.
Position: Senior Public Affairs & Campaigns Officer
Location: London, UK
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £37,648 to £41,611 per annum
Closing date: 13 January 2018
About the role:
As part of the Policy and Campaign’s Team efforts to influence development policy and practice on issues affecting the world’s poorest people, work to ensure Concern is effectively engaging with decision makers in Westminster and Whitehall and motivate members of the public to take supportive action.
The Senior Public Affairs & Campaigns Officer will Drive and coordinate Concern’s engagement with MP’s, ministerial special advisors and parliamentary committees. Manage wider public affairs work to promote the work of Concern. Lead Concern UK’s work to engage the public in supporting our advocacy aims, mostly through digital channels. As well as Proactively engage in coalition campaigns, including playing a leadership role in driving ICAN’s campaign on nutrition.
Esential Skills / Experience:
- Experience of developing strategies to influence UK decision makers
- Track record of parliamentary engagement, including knowledge of how Westminster and Whitehall operate
- Track record of delivering successful public facing campaigns, including on line
- Experience of working in cross-organisational teams and coalitions and skills in alliance building and networking
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including experience of writing for social media
- Strong project management skills
- Educated to degree level
Desirable Skills / Expereince
- Knowledge of international development issues
- Experience of event management, preferably in parliament
- Experience of supervising volunteers and / or interns as appropriate
You may have experience of the following: Public Affairs Officer, Senior Public Affairs Officer, Campaigns Officer, Policy Officer, Government Policy, Engagement, Public Relations Officer, PR, Senior PR Officer, Communications Advisor, Communications Officer, Public Relations Executive, Campaign Officer, Stakeholder Management, Relationship Management, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, NFP, Third Sector, etc.