Technical Sales Engineer .
Chesterfield Special Cylinders Limited was formed in August 2004 following a Management Buy-Out (MBO) from its German parent company. Originally founded in 1897, it has historically traded successively as Chesterfield Tube Company, TI Chesterfield, UES, UEF and ECS Chesterfield Cylinders.
The company is a specialist designer and manufacturer of high pressure, seamless steel gas cylinders and supplies a range of blue chip clients in the aerospace, defence, oil and gas, transportation and ground storage sectors, including BAE Systems, National Oilwell, Linde-BOC and the Royal Navy.
With over a century of industry knowledge and expertise, Chesterfield Special Cylinders is a world-leading provider of bespoke, high-pressure gas containment solutions.
Our ability to meet the exact needs of our customers makes us an integral part of the design and engineering process for any high-pressure systems project.
Position: Technical Sales Engineer
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire (Commutable from Rotherham, Chesterfield, Doncaster, Barnsley, Worksop and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 07:45 to 16:15, Mon to Thurs, 07:45 to 12:45 Fri
Salary: £25k to £30k dependent upon experience
Benefits: 33 days (includes 8 statutory bank holidays); Company productivity bonus scheme; Company pension contribution - matched up to 5%; Life insurance; Share option scheme.
About the role:
As part of a global business development drive we currently have a vacancy in our sales department for an Technical Sales Engineer.
The main role of the Technical Sales Engineer will be to service accounts in our aerospace, French naval and industrial stock cylinder markets. The role will also provide support for renewable and ground storage contracts.
You will be required to liaise with all internal departments of the business as well as external customers and suppliers to follow contracts through from initial costing & tender phase through to final dispatch. Contracts are of varying complexity can typically range from £250 to £1.5m in value.
- Receipt of enquiries
- Preparation of tenders
- Acknowledgement of sales orders
- Processing of sales orders
- Preparation of data for monthly sales reports
- Preparation of data for sales budgets
- Preparation of costing’s and price lists
- Chairing contract review meetings
- Use MRP system to navigate BOM’s, Routes, works orders, reports etc
- Liaison with design department to produce most cost-effective techno-commercial solution
- Liaison with customer / Internal Production to manage individual contracts
- Preferably qualified to ONC / HNC level in engineering, technical or a materials science subject
- You will preferably possess at least one year of experience, gained in a fast paced manufacturing or engineering environment with some related experience
- This appointment may suit an engineer, looking to progress into a more commercial, technical sales role
- IT literate
- From time to time be willing to travel within the UK and overseas to visit existing and potential customers and to attend trade shows, networking events etc.
You may have experience of the following: Internal Contracts Engineer, Technical Sales Engineer, Contracts Engineer, Sales Engineer, Technical Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, ONC, HNC, Pre Sales Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, etc.