Production Planner .
Chesterfield Special Cylinders Limited was formed in August 2004 following a Management Buy-Out (MBO) from its German parent company. Originally founded in 1897, it has historically traded successively as Chesterfield Tube Company, TI Chesterfield, UES, UEF and ECS Chesterfield Cylinders.
The company is a specialist designer and manufacturer of high pressure, seamless steel gas cylinders and supplies a range of blue chip clients in the aerospace, defence, oil and gas, transportation and ground storage sectors, including BAE Systems, National Oilwell, Linde-BOC and the Royal Navy.
With over a century of industry knowledge and expertise, Chesterfield Special Cylinders is a world-leading provider of bespoke, high-pressure gas containment solutions.
Our ability to meet the exact needs of our customers makes us an integral part of the design and engineering process for any high-pressure systems project.
Position: Production Planner
Location: Sheffield, Yorkshire (Commutable from Rotherham, Worksop, Chesterfield, Barnsley, Doncaster, Matlock and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 7.45am to 4:15pm Monday to Thursday, 7.45am to 12.45pm Friday, Shift working may be required at busy periods
Salary: £27,000 to £29,000 per annum
Benefits: Contributory pension scheme; Profit related bonus payable if company hits budgeted profit targets; 33 days holiday, including bank holidays and factory shutdown periods.
About the role:
- Maintain accurate production plans that ensure the efficient and effective running of shop floor operations in order to achieve business and customer demands
- Develop production schedules detailing all tasks and when they should be completed in order to meet due dates
- Responsible for effectively planning to minimise production constraints though absenteeism and holidays, as and when required. Additionally working closely with Maintenance to ensure scheduled plant maintenance is planned with a view to minimising disruption to operations
- Working closely with Sales Team to understand the demands of our customers and get agreement on completion dates
- Receive and process customer orders / schedules, clearly communicating capacity, availability, constraints and operational changes
- Troubleshoots problems that occur during production, including staff shortages and machinery malfunctions.
- Regular communication meetings to be held with team leaders to ensure all production targets are achieved
- Daily generation and issue of ‘work to’ lists to be given to all relevant parties
- Assist in daily production meetings focusing on arrears reduction, OTIF and total customer satisfaction
- Responsible for accurate on time works order generation and issue
- Responsible for instigating the booking of external inspectorate and all additional customer inspections in order to achieve delivery targets
- Responsible for instigating subcontract activity, e.g. Heat Treatment, Machining
- In liaison with purchasing, accurately plan to ensure optimum usage of WIP and slow moving stock
- Collect and assess data about the production and team's performance
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing resource planning systems, capacity planning tools and business application software
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing resource planning theories, principles and practices
- Manages multiple priorities and maintains effective levels of customer service
- Good Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Understanding of Business Operations
You may have experience of the following: Production Planner, Production Coordinator, Stock Control, Materials Coordinator, Production Scheduler, Inventory Management, Warehouse Coordinator, Scheduler, Manufacturing, Production Control, etc.