Finance Administrator .
Are you looking for a fresh challenge in Finance? Do you thrive working for a values-led organisation with an inspiring charitable mission to transform the lives of people living in poverty?
Embrace the Middle East is an international Christian charity with over 160 years’ experience helping people of all faiths and none to free themselves from a life of poverty and injustice. Our Christian partners in Egypt, Lebanon, Israel and Palestine run hospitals, clinics, schools and centres for people with disabilities. They provide support services for refugees, work for women’s empowerment, community development and supply humanitarian relief.
Position: Finance Administrator
Location: Amersham, Buckinghamshire (Commutable from Watford, Uxbridge, Aylesbury, Hemel Hempstead and High Wycombe)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 36.5 hours per week; 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am to 4:00pm on Friday (1 hour lunch break each day). Potential to consider part-time candidates, working a minimum 29 hours a week. Salary and benefits pro-rata’d
Salary: £22,000 to £23,500 + excellent benefits
Benefits: 30 days, inclusive of recognised public holidays; Group Personal Pension Scheme; Life Assurance; Employee Assistant Programme (confidential counselling, legal and financial advice) and GP helpline – both available 24 / 7, 365 days a year. Training and development programme for all employees. Fruit to office offered as part of Embrace’s health & wellbeing programme.
Closing Date: 14 January 2019
About the role:
Embrace the Middle East is looking to recruit a Finance Administrator to join their small, close-knit finance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for administering a range of key financial processes under the supervision of the Head of Finance. A key requirement will be to ensure, that all relevant process documentation is kept up to date. Working closely with two part-time Finance Assistants, the Finance Administrator will share responsibility during busy periods, or to provide holiday cover for some key tasks such as; direct debits, BACS payments, daily banking and preparation of grant payments to overseas partners.
- Purchase ledger for charity and trading companies.
- Company credit card processing.
- Sales ledger for charity and trading companies (small number of transactions).
- Managing imprest petty cash processing.
- General office duties.
- Tasks to be shared with team and / or need to be covered.
- Minimum requirement GSCE mathematics grade C or above.
- NVQ level 3 or above in finance related subject AAT level 3 or 4 (or equivalent) qualified or qualified by strong relevant experience.
- Good level of IT skills with a high level of confidence in using Excel and good knowledge of other Microsoft Office packages (Word, Outlook).
- Highly numerate.
- Proven organisational ability and good time management including working to deadlines.
- Experience of working in a similar role in a finance team covering: Purchase ledger, Expenses, Petty cash.
- Experience of working with purchase ledger / accounting software.
- Experience of delivering accurate and good quality work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, with good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrable sympathy with the Christian ethos of Embrace.
To succeed in this role, you will have a strong background in support finance roles, enjoy working as part of a small collaborative team, have a keen eye for detail, be highly numerate and organised, an excellent communicator and team player with experience of purchase ledger and accounting systems and intermediate Excel skills.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a medical questionnaire and undertake disclosure check as part of the Charity’s recruitment policy.
As a Christian organisation, candidates must be sympathetic to the Christian ethos of Embrace the Middle East
Embrace the Middle East is an equal opportunities employer. Recruitment and selection procedures welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds and communities.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position you need to have the right to work in the UK, either through nationality or relevant work visa.
You may have experience of the following: Administrator, Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, AAT, BACS, Finance Support.