Contract Manager (Public Sector / Financial Services) .
NS&I is one of the largest savings organisations in the UK with 25 million customers and around £157 billion invested.
NS&I is both a government department and an Executive Agency of the Chancellor of the Exchequer. Our origins can be traced back over 150 years to 1861.
Position: Business Process Outsourcing Contract Manager
Job type: Full Time, 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Salary: London circa £48,000 (per annum depending on skills and experience) Non-London circa £44,600 (per annum depending on skills and experience)
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Contracts the role holder will have responsibility for ensuring that the Business Process Outsourced (BPO) Agreement for NS&I is managed to a high standard complying with all reporting, audit and other relevant requirements. The purpose of this role is to provide additional capacity, expertise, and resilience to the ongoing management of the BPO contractual agreement. This will include:
- Negotiation and storage of all Change Requests
- Monitoring and tracking of contract deliverables
- Tracking of ongoing costs relating to Change Requests
- Ensuring value for money in all aspects of contract management
- Ensuring the contract is managed compliantly
- Supporting work to ensure readiness for any contract extensions or re-tender
- Oversee the signed execution of Agreement Amendments
- Oversight and assurance of the BPO Partners’ third party supply chain
- Ensuring all of the providers obligations are delivered in line with the Transformation Plan
- Ensuring NS&I maximises its commercial position by effective contract management processes that reflect industry best practice.
The Contract Manager will specifically assist with the ongoing contract management of the BPO Services Agreement and contribute to the preparation and implementation of NS&I’s future strategies with regard to this specific contract. This role will ensure that NS&I can deliver the recommendations and associated actions of a final Government Internal Audit Agency report received in April 2018 and provide support to ensure that the outsourced contract is managed in accordance with SYSC 8 requirements that will ensure FCA compliance.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Qualified to degree level OR equivalent experience
- Contract Management experience within the Public Sector
- Experience of developing and maintaining positive commercial relations
- Experience of commercial negotiation within the public sector
- Experience of benefits realisation and risk management
- Ensuring value for money when spending public money
- Experience of delivering presentations and writing reports
- Knowledge and understanding of the Public Contract Regulations 2015
- Knowledge and application of negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Good communication skills
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Project Management qualification.
- Basic working knowledge of contract law
- Basic working knowledge of public sector finance
You may have experience of the following: Contract Manager, Contracts Manager, Contract Management, Business Process Outsourcing Contract Manager, Customer Relationship Management, Contracts Supervisor, Project Manager, Negotiation, Contractor Management, Public Sector., etc.