Front End Developer .
Horizon Discovery is an award-winning Biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, UK. Using their proprietary gene-editing platform and deep scientific expertise, they design and engineer genetically-modified cells that are applied in research and clinical applications. Their rapidly growing product catalogue, service offering and research programmes are powering progress to understand the genetics drivers of disease and ultimately advance human health.
Position: Web developer (Front-End)
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Job Type: Full Time, 12 Months Fixed Contract
Benefits: Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution; Medical, Health & Life Insurances; Employee share purchase plan (Sharesave); 25 days annual leave; One paid working day each year for volunteering; Childcare vouchers.
About the role:
They are looking for an experienced Front End Developer to join their growing team. This maternity cover is focused on expanding their eCommerce platform and as such the work will be a mix of designing and implementing new features centred on a Magento platform, as well other internal projects. Aside from hands on coding, you will also contribute to technical discussions and plan for future developments.
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant subject
- Significant front end development (eCommerce experience highly desirable)
- Magento 1.x Front end development and folder structure
- Experience with source and version control/Git/Github
- Understanding of MVC
- Task/Bugtracking e.g Jira
- Experience with world class user centred interface solutions across both web and mobile
- Responsive web development
- Cross-browser development
- Knowledge of unit testing and test automation tools and techniques
- User Experience (desirable)
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.